GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Death"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/01/02 at 19:58
Regular
Although, when thinking of death images of the Grim Reaper, Satan or possibly other disturbing images come to mind, what we have to come to terms with is the real meaning behind it all.

Yesterday, someone from my school died. Someone only 14 years old. With their whole lives in front of them. Even after such events as September 11th, only does the dark reality of it all set in once something becomes more personal.

Not knowing the person, never even spoken to her, but somehow, the experience is somewhat more realistic. It's hard to imagine the result of what her friends are feeling right now, or the people like myself, who never made the attempt to get to know her.

We see the image of death, we gather the information of death from a young age and learn to fear it. We see it in films and might havea chuckle about it, but the reality is something that none of us can prepare ourselves for. There are those in these times, who give their support to the "victims" of this tradegy, there are those just stand by and watch from distance. Then there are those who find it humerous to make sick jokes about the events.

None of us are perfect, most of us are far from it, but we can change. Just trying to imagine, you are never going to see this person, you love, ever again becomes more of a distant dream, blurred up by our perspective in which everything is perfect. Think, how her friends felt, never knowing that this time, will be the last time, in which they say goodbye. Can you think of anything worse? What if you could take the change to know your death, what if you could prevent yourself from this, would you take it?

I think really, this has given me the chance to see what really is important in life. Thinking, when I die, what will there be left to say about me? What achievements will I have achieved in this life? What will I leave behind? What can people learn from me?
Sun 27/01/02 at 17:32
Regular
The views expressed here are of Grix Thraves, and are in no mean to upset or irritate anyone.

You use the arguement "Oh, so there was just a big bang and the universe existed..."... but what about God? Where did he come from?

If it said in the Bible that "there was a big bang and God appeared", you would argue for that down to the ground, would you not?
Sun 27/01/02 at 17:00
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
What is your problem you lot?

some of us believe in God. Others think man is just an overgrown chimp, which itself came from single celled organisms.

I am good at science, I believe it has its place in life.

But the Big Bang? Evoloution? CRAP!

How on earth can you blatently disregard religion in such a way? It is a big part of some peoples lives.

And hang on, I've heard SCIENTISTS say 'theres as much evidence of God creating the universe as there is the Big Bang'

I could go into my Big Bang is bo***cks mood, but I'll leave it there. If people want to go on believing they are just shaven chimps, then i'll let them.
Sun 27/01/02 at 16:44
Ant wrote:
> Lodge wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> slave2games wrote:
> Ant? Why must you
> peach about
> "god is good"
> in here? The man "Mr.
>
> nice guy"
> started by talking about his
> friend dying, and now
> you changed it
>
> into prayer session.

You what??
> Prayer
> session??

I put my thoughts
> in death in here, and straight away
> Stryke
> and others wrote replies
> disagreeing with my opinion, so you
> can't really blame
> me.

And I was
> about to say, we should leave it
> at this. It's ruining MNG's
> topic, so I
> can't be bothered to argue
> here, because it's not going anywhere.
>
> Obviously, it will continue,
> because Stryke will come along and
>
> reply.

However, look further
> down the topic and you'll see it was not me
> what
> started the
> Christian vs Science argument, I just put my views on
> death down.

Shut
> up Ant you haven't got a clue what you are going on
> about!!!!!!!!!!! You
> should just become a Preacher!

Shush David Lodge, or I'll go put your address
> on the 'younger boys for older men' forums spread across the Internet.

Oh no,
> wait, you'd like that.

SSSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know where you live too and i'll put you up on the list of little girls!!!
Well actually, it would make sense to! Or would it?
Sun 27/01/02 at 16:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
Lodge wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> slave2games wrote:
> Ant? Why must you peach about
> "god is good"
> in here? The man "Mr.
> nice guy"
> started by talking about his
> friend dying, and now you changed it
>
> into prayer session.

You what??
> Prayer session??

I put my thoughts
> in death in here, and straight away Stryke
> and others wrote replies
> disagreeing with my opinion, so you can't really blame
> me.

And I was
> about to say, we should leave it at this. It's ruining MNG's
> topic, so I
> can't be bothered to argue here, because it's not going anywhere.
>
> Obviously, it will continue, because Stryke will come along and
>
> reply.

However, look further down the topic and you'll see it was not me
> what
> started the Christian vs Science argument, I just put my views on
> death down.

Shut up Ant you haven't got a clue what you are going on
> about!!!!!!!!!!! You should just become a Preacher!

Shush David Lodge, or I'll go put your address on the 'younger boys for older men' forums spread across the Internet.

Oh no, wait, you'd like that.
Sun 27/01/02 at 16:26
Ant wrote:
> slave2games wrote:
> Ant? Why must you peach about "god is good"
> in here? The man "Mr.
> nice guy" started by talking about his
> friend dying, and now you changed it
> into prayer session.

You what??
> Prayer session??

I put my thoughts in death in here, and straight away Stryke
> and others wrote replies disagreeing with my opinion, so you can't really blame
> me.

And I was about to say, we should leave it at this. It's ruining MNG's
> topic, so I can't be bothered to argue here, because it's not going anywhere.
> Obviously, it will continue, because Stryke will come along and
> reply.

However, look further down the topic and you'll see it was not me what
> started the Christian vs Science argument, I just put my views on death down.

Shut up Ant you haven't got a clue what you are going on about!!!!!!!!!!! You should just become a Preacher!
Sun 27/01/02 at 16:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
slave2games wrote:
> Ant? Why must you peach about "god is good" in here? The man "Mr.
> nice guy" started by talking about his friend dying, and now you changed it
> into prayer session.

You what?? Prayer session??

I put my thoughts in death in here, and straight away Stryke and others wrote replies disagreeing with my opinion, so you can't really blame me.

And I was about to say, we should leave it at this. It's ruining MNG's topic, so I can't be bothered to argue here, because it's not going anywhere. Obviously, it will continue, because Stryke will come along and reply.

However, look further down the topic and you'll see it was not me what started the Christian vs Science argument, I just put my views on death down.
Sun 27/01/02 at 15:56
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Ant? Why must you peach about "god is good" in here? The man "Mr. nice guy" started by talking about his friend dying, and now you changed it into prayer session.
Sun 27/01/02 at 15:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
This is for Sibs, by the way. Something kindly given to
me by VenomByte, which is true and quite amusing at the same time:

The evolutionists' problem was how to explain away the fact that everything in nature exists. They have used theories, which they call cosmology, to explain how matter and stars could have come into existence.

We know that everything is made of matter, which consists of the basic 92 natural elements, but where did matter come from? How did it get all over the universe in the form of planets and stars? How did the complicated and delicately balanced solar systems and galaxies form? What keeps them in balance? And how did the laws which govern matter originate?

A fairy tale, called the Big Bang, was invented to account for the first two questions; the other questions have pretty much been ignored by the evolutionists. Here is their theory, followed by the facts repudiating it:

The evolutionists' solution. A fantastic theory was invented, called the Big Bang, which declared that everything once exploded out of nothing! Clothed in scientific language and mathematical formulas, the theory was called "scientific." But, as you will learn here, it is not.

The theory is a fraud. Both wiser scientists and common sense have refuted it, but these facts are not well-known. You will here find a summary of many of their findings. These facts annihilate the Big Bang theory.

Science fiction. Several men dreamed up the Big Bang idea in the 1920s and 1940s. A science-fiction writer, George Gamow, led out in promoting it to the scientific community. He used cartoons to illustrate it.

Here is what the Big Bang theory teaches:

When nothing gets together. The emptiness is supposed to have gathered together in one place, and gotten so thick that the "nothing" exploded—and blew itself into hydrogen gas.
Laws appear. The laws of nature somehow invented themselves during the explosion.

Gas gets into clumps. Then the outward exploding gas supposedly gathered itself into clumps.

A universe of explosions. The loose, outward flowing gas next decided to push itself into stars. Then all the stars began exploding in super-nova explosions. But, just before light rays from the explosions could reach our planet in our time in history, the explosions are said to have conveniently stopped.

Well, I guess there are 2 sides to the argument. To me, it doesn't exactly sound like a full-prrof argument. In fact, judging by that, sounds like a load of bollards.
Sun 27/01/02 at 15:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
Stryke wrote:
> And another thing. If miracles occured back in Jesus's day, why don't they now?
> Why do we not see some guy walking across water? BECAUSE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! The
> Bible is a work of fiction. Jesus, if Lord of the Rings claimed to be true,
> would you believe it? Of course not!

erm...there's actual evidence that Jesus lived, as well as evidence of some stores in the Bible.
Sun 27/01/02 at 15:43
Regular
"I like cheese"
Stryke wrote:
> Ant wrote:

It's called faith Stryke, and you obviously cannot be bothered
> with it. You have to rely on science for the answers, when they don't obviously
> have them.
--

I rely on nothing. Sure, I have beliefs in my life, but you
> found your life on some intangiable being who takes no part in our lifes.

Ah, but he does if you let him!! Can you not understand that!? He plays a part in your life if you want him to!

It's
> not that I can't be bothered with it - I have faith in myself. I have faith I'll
> reach my ambitions. I have faith that I'm in control of my own
> life.

"Oh, he talks me, I know him" is sod all of an argument, Ant.
> I could be insane and have voices in my head.

Ah, it's only a 'sod all' of an argument because you haven't experienced it. You have no idea what it's all about, which is why you end up calling people insane and swearing.

Evolution may have slight
> flaws, and no doubt the theory will be improved, but NO WAY will I accept that
> the guy created everything then sat back and said "Right, I'm going to do
> nowt and let you destroy it. THEN, through no right of mine, I'm going to judge
> you. HAHAHAHAH, and if i don't like what you did, I'm sending you to Hell.
> Hehehe, being immortal's a laugh."

That just proves you know nothing about Christianity. God created the World, man sinned, and God then lessened his communication with us, if you will. Instead of telling people about him himself, he sent Jesus down and when he left, we were left to decide whether we believe or not. It's a harder life to believe, trust me, but worth it.

And of course it's his right to judge you!! He created you!! And for Gawd's sake, he only asks you to know him!! It's not hard! He'll send you to Hell if you continually disobey the 10 commandments.
You say you won't let anyone rule over your life?? God doesn't rule over my life. I do bad things, and I do what I like in life. That's what you don't understand, you think being a Christian is about always doing what God wants. Well, all God wants is for you to be a good person and believe in him. I think he has a right to ask that since he created us.
And anyway, all your opinions are based on the Bible. Because of that, you don't know sod all of what Christianity is about. I'll admit the Bible certainly isn't perfect, but everyone seems to go into so much detail about it.

Even if he did exist, which he
> doesn't, what right does he have to judge my life? God, it infuriates me
> sometimes to see people take the moral high ground "because God says
> so."

BECAUSE HE CREATED YOU!! WHY DO YOU THINK!?!? It infuriates me that people think God has no right to judge your life when he created you. It really must sadden him to see people like you, swearing at people who don't believe in so called 'science.'
It's like being a parent, dying, and then the child not even believing you were alive in the first place.

I'm gonna try and not go on about this anymore, because it's ruining MNG's topic. We could argue all year long, Sibs with his facts, VenomByte with his strange op

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.