GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Death"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/01/02 at 19:58
Regular
Although, when thinking of death images of the Grim Reaper, Satan or possibly other disturbing images come to mind, what we have to come to terms with is the real meaning behind it all.

Yesterday, someone from my school died. Someone only 14 years old. With their whole lives in front of them. Even after such events as September 11th, only does the dark reality of it all set in once something becomes more personal.

Not knowing the person, never even spoken to her, but somehow, the experience is somewhat more realistic. It's hard to imagine the result of what her friends are feeling right now, or the people like myself, who never made the attempt to get to know her.

We see the image of death, we gather the information of death from a young age and learn to fear it. We see it in films and might havea chuckle about it, but the reality is something that none of us can prepare ourselves for. There are those in these times, who give their support to the "victims" of this tradegy, there are those just stand by and watch from distance. Then there are those who find it humerous to make sick jokes about the events.

None of us are perfect, most of us are far from it, but we can change. Just trying to imagine, you are never going to see this person, you love, ever again becomes more of a distant dream, blurred up by our perspective in which everything is perfect. Think, how her friends felt, never knowing that this time, will be the last time, in which they say goodbye. Can you think of anything worse? What if you could take the change to know your death, what if you could prevent yourself from this, would you take it?

I think really, this has given me the chance to see what really is important in life. Thinking, when I die, what will there be left to say about me? What achievements will I have achieved in this life? What will I leave behind? What can people learn from me?
Sun 27/01/02 at 11:36
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Sibs, let me clarify a point.

The universe, as it exists, is a very unlikely thing. The chances of a universe turning out like ours is far less than the chance of finding yourself back on the Earth if you were suddenly teleported to a random planet somewhere in our universe.

If the universal ravitational constatant was as much as 0.1% different to it's current value, the universe would have either collapsed before life could form, or expand too fast for stars and galaxies ever to have formed.

That's just ONE of the constants. There are at least half a dozen others with the same margin for error
Sun 27/01/02 at 11:30
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I have often thought... doesn't it seem all too convenient? That this world turned out PERFECTLY for human life... and that all those gases before the universe was created, just a load of gases, in the middle of nothing... reacted in such a way that they perfectly created all theses planets, and a whole universe of stars, orbiting planets, moons, asteroids, etc. etc.

But then I think... well, this planet IS perfect for human life... but how many planets are there? We can't even count the number, there's so many! So chances are that AT LEAST one would be fit for life. So what did God have to do with it? Well, I don't believe a God exists, I have often wondered, if it could be possible for him to exist, but I really don't think it is.
Anyway, I've said enough for this post... probably back later.
Sun 27/01/02 at 10:49
Regular
"smile, it's free"
IF GODS DID NOT CREATE THE UNIVERSE, WHAT CAUSED THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANTS TO HAVE THE VALUES THEY DO?
Sun 27/01/02 at 10:43
Regular
"es argh"
Stryke wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> But God only asks for the simple things. The 10 Commandments,
> basically. The
> only other thing he asks of you is to know him.
--

Oh
> come on! What about all that crap about being born into sin?

--

And
> Stryke, he plays no part
> in your life because you won't let
> him.

--

No, he plays no part in my life because he doesn't exist. I have
> no shred of evidence. I believe in SCIENCE, because there is rock-hard evidence
> for evolution, not fairy-tale rubbish about some guy who makes them out of
> clay.

Wouldn't you agree that the Greek and Roman religions were abusrd -
> belief in Zeus living on a mountain and all that. Well, 1000 years from now, the
> same will be true for Christianity. It's not a religion, it's an outdated
> explanation for science.

And before anyone says I hate Ant - I don't, he's a
> great guy. We have this argument a lot and it's not personal.

Damn right Stryke. Today scientists have got the jist of what happened all them years ago, just one big bang. I haven't seen any miracles of God recently, surely if God existed september 11th wouldn't of happened, or illness, pain and Pokemon (but that's a different story)
Sun 27/01/02 at 10:42
Regular
"smile, it's free"
THOU DAREST TO DENY ME, MORTAL?
Sun 27/01/02 at 10:27
Regular
Ant wrote:
> But God only asks for the simple things. The 10 Commandments, basically. The
> only other thing he asks of you is to know him.
--

Oh come on! What about all that crap about being born into sin?

--

And Stryke, he plays no part
> in your life because you won't let him.

--

No, he plays no part in my life because he doesn't exist. I have no shred of evidence. I believe in SCIENCE, because there is rock-hard evidence for evolution, not fairy-tale rubbish about some guy who makes them out of clay.

Wouldn't you agree that the Greek and Roman religions were abusrd - belief in Zeus living on a mountain and all that. Well, 1000 years from now, the same will be true for Christianity. It's not a religion, it's an outdated explanation for science.

And before anyone says I hate Ant - I don't, he's a great guy. We have this argument a lot and it's not personal.
Sun 27/01/02 at 02:27
Regular
"everyone says it"
So. So you think you can tell? Heaven from hell?
Blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green feeling? Against the cold steel rain?
Sun 27/01/02 at 00:13
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ant wrote:

If there was no suffering, then we would already be in heaven.

True.

In its way :)
Sun 27/01/02 at 00:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I know it sounds a bit morbid but I wouldn't care too much about dying...

Although I don't like the idea of dying painfully or alone... just not nice.
Sat 26/01/02 at 23:26
Regular
"I like cheese"
If there was no suffering, then we would already be in heaven.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.