GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest issue of NGC."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
!!SPOILER ALERT!!

Got me copy of issue 77 through the post today...yes, the one with the review of Zelda: The Wind Waker in it!
So, for those of you who don't want to find out what it got yet, close this window now!

It got...

96%

Haven't had a chance to read the review just yet, but from the glimpses I've had, the NGC lads have got plenty of criticisms for it! The main one seems to be that it's only 40+ hours long due to the fact that Ninty have dragged it out a bit with all this sailing back and forth. :/

Still, I'll let you lot see for yourself.
Oh yeah, and is it just me, or does that score for 'Behead the Undead' for TS2 seem a bit low? Mine's over double that!
Thu 23/01/03 at 17:58
Regular
Luigi's Mansion certainly didn't deserve 90%.

80-85% but rating it higher than Pikmin, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Monkey Ball, Tony Hawks 4 etc etc is just retarded.

Another thing, NGC seem to have the strange idea that Tony Hawks 3 is better than 4.

WTF?
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Luigis Mansion was given a high score simply because it was a launch game, and they had to give SOMETHING a 90% score.
And Tony Hawk's 3 is the worst in the series, by far, as it was just THPS2 with rubbish levels.
And NGCs directory is so very messed up.
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:07
Regular
Best free gift ever?
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:17
Regular
BTW.

What is the free gift this issue? Who won the star letter?
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The free gift is a tips book, and a Metroid Poster.
The Star Letter was something to do with storylines, I forget.
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:23
Regular
"the burning sky"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I'm pretty sure Mr Beer Solid is called Tom...could be wrong though.

Correct and Wooohooo i won!!!! I claimed SuperMarioSunshine, just to please you Tilta, anyway i hope it comes soon. I cant wait till i get my copy!!

*Does the NGC official jig*

lol
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well done.

Did you just send them a digicam pic?
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:30
Regular
"the burning sky"
yep it was, have you got the issue of NGC?
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:33
Regular
"the burning sky"
just dont do what i did first, with my exams i forgot to post my entry and looked in the next issue of NGC and saw i didnt win, (i was dead disappointed, and ready to complain) then whilst cleaning my room i found it at the back of my desk draw, i sent it off, but realised the next issue of the mag wasnt out till the 24th of Jan (with xmas and all), and i started my wait! but as the classic phrase goes, "all good things come to those who wait"
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:36
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
DeltaJava wrote:
>1% for christ's sake!!!

0.3% was the difference between me getting an A and a B in Physics. Compared to that, 1% is pretty big....

But I agree, they both rated it highly. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.