GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest issue of NGC."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
!!SPOILER ALERT!!

Got me copy of issue 77 through the post today...yes, the one with the review of Zelda: The Wind Waker in it!
So, for those of you who don't want to find out what it got yet, close this window now!

It got...

96%

Haven't had a chance to read the review just yet, but from the glimpses I've had, the NGC lads have got plenty of criticisms for it! The main one seems to be that it's only 40+ hours long due to the fact that Ninty have dragged it out a bit with all this sailing back and forth. :/

Still, I'll let you lot see for yourself.
Oh yeah, and is it just me, or does that score for 'Behead the Undead' for TS2 seem a bit low? Mine's over double that!
Wed 22/01/03 at 21:02
Regular
I'm pretty sure Mr Beer Solid is called Tom...could be wrong though.
Wed 22/01/03 at 21:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
They said the best EVER freegift had been delayed a few issues........

Demo disc?

*prays*

*doubts*

*eats a dougnut*
Wed 22/01/03 at 21:31
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Cyclone wrote:
> Oh dear, its not 98%, only 96. Damn, what a bad game.

Only 96...?!? Not even worth my money then... ;-)
Thu 23/01/03 at 14:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I hope they release a big `Wind Waker` poster soon in a similar style to that of the Metroid one. I like to have posters of great forth-coming games on my walls. It makes a nice change to having football plastered all-over.

I liked that issue. It's gotta be one of the best ones I've read from start-to-finish for a good-few months. But did anyone else notice how shoddy the printing was? Some of the text was all blured and smudged, while a lot of the pictures on certain pages where all faded.
Shame they can't do anything to produce darker screen-shots more clearly too. Those Zelda ones don't come out too well either.

From their review, it seems to me that Zelda will be everything I was expecting it to be - and not an Ocarina of Time-beater.
But why in the "If You Like This..." section did they have Mario SunShine instead of something more-appropriate, like Zelda: Ocarina of Time?

And they missed-out both Die Hard: Vendetta and the first Resident Evil from their NGC Directory bit! Disgraceful!
Thu 23/01/03 at 14:10
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Do you really think I care whether you choose to beleive me or not?
>
> And yes, it took 30+ minutes probably

Easy tiger...just a poke.

*shiny shiny shiny...um don't know the words...*

:o)
Thu 23/01/03 at 15:31
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Another lower than expected score. What is it with NGC? do they just want to seem tougher than CUBE's more genarous scores?
Thu 23/01/03 at 15:35
Who cares if NGC marked it 1% less than CUBE??? We know that both mags rated it as an excellent game, and that's all we need to know. 1% for christ's sake!!!
Thu 23/01/03 at 16:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I doubt if CUBE even have a copy of the game. There review was more of a preview with a score.
Thu 23/01/03 at 16:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Becuase they are lame in comparison.

96% is quality. What is your problem?
Thu 23/01/03 at 17:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't have a problem.
I just don't think Mario Deserved 96%, is all.
It wasn't THAT good.
There's a game they rated TOO highly, because it was the only really must have Cube game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.