GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest issue of NGC."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
!!SPOILER ALERT!!

Got me copy of issue 77 through the post today...yes, the one with the review of Zelda: The Wind Waker in it!
So, for those of you who don't want to find out what it got yet, close this window now!

It got...

96%

Haven't had a chance to read the review just yet, but from the glimpses I've had, the NGC lads have got plenty of criticisms for it! The main one seems to be that it's only 40+ hours long due to the fact that Ninty have dragged it out a bit with all this sailing back and forth. :/

Still, I'll let you lot see for yourself.
Oh yeah, and is it just me, or does that score for 'Behead the Undead' for TS2 seem a bit low? Mine's over double that!
Wed 22/01/03 at 17:35
Regular
96% is an OUTSTANDING score for a game, From NGC's Standerds anyway.
Wed 22/01/03 at 17:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The UK version will get more, because they will be able to understand it, they basically said.
And the review was pretty crappy really, because they are so scared of giving away in game details.
That never stopped them before.
And my copy was all broken, with off coloured pages and a ripped spine.
And the free gift was just utter tosh. ANOTHER booklet. Great, just what I want.
Wed 22/01/03 at 18:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> 96% is an OUTSTANDING score for a game, based on NGC's previous stand*a*rds anyway.

Little corrections there.

I am so annoying.

I agree though.

Oh dear, its not 98%, only 96. Damn, what a bad game.
Wed 22/01/03 at 18:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
gerrid wrote:
> And my copy was all broken, with off coloured pages and a ripped
> spine.
> And the free gift was just utter tosh. ANOTHER booklet. Great, just
> what I want.

Ho ho, its nice to see i wasnt the only one. I thought it was because i complained.
Wed 22/01/03 at 18:33
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
my pages weren't off coloured, there was a mini rip in the spine though....nothing major.
Wed 22/01/03 at 18:39
Regular
If the new Zelda is as long as good as Ocarina of Time, I'll be happy (and Lord knows how many times I've replayed that classic). 96% is still a tremendous score, especially for NGC, who as we know are notorious in their harsh marking - I prefer it that way, the last thing we want is another blatant hype up that neglects to mention the bad points, only to disappoint us. I wouldn't be surprised to see it gain an extra 1 or 2% with the full English review either.

As for the free gift, don't get me started. They've been harping on about the 'best gift ever', and most of the time they've been unmitigated rubbish - either make promises and stick to them, or don't make them at all.
Wed 22/01/03 at 18:44
Regular
Bah! I went to the shop today to get my copy of NGC (I still haven't registered you see) and they were still stocking 76, I was angry, but I got a roll, so I was happy. Ladedadeda
Wed 22/01/03 at 20:00
Regular
"the burning sky"
Quick! Can someone tell me who won the Lakitus Lens contest?
Wed 22/01/03 at 20:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'm sure they've already done a tips booklet for the GC.
Although that Metroid Weekend Breaks poster thing was quite funny, what with the quotes and all.
All those shots of Ura Zelda made me want to play OOT all over again.

And this issue doesn't come out until friday.
Wed 22/01/03 at 20:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> Quick! Can someone tell me who won the Lakitus Lens contest?

Tom Archer from Derby.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.