GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest issue of NGC."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
!!SPOILER ALERT!!

Got me copy of issue 77 through the post today...yes, the one with the review of Zelda: The Wind Waker in it!
So, for those of you who don't want to find out what it got yet, close this window now!

It got...

96%

Haven't had a chance to read the review just yet, but from the glimpses I've had, the NGC lads have got plenty of criticisms for it! The main one seems to be that it's only 40+ hours long due to the fact that Ninty have dragged it out a bit with all this sailing back and forth. :/

Still, I'll let you lot see for yourself.
Oh yeah, and is it just me, or does that score for 'Behead the Undead' for TS2 seem a bit low? Mine's over double that!
Fri 24/01/03 at 22:44
"The Will of D."
96% was pretty good for their standards, but they did use their toughness when rating the Ura Zelda add on, they thought it was nothin special excep for a more challenging version of Ocarina of Time, and had no new areas that they could see.
Either way I can't wait.
All of the dungeons and temples have revised puzzles, and in Jaba Jubu bely there is a cow's head switch system to open doors, lol.
I can't believe it, Iron knuckles in the fire temple, sheesh! I know I can take them on, but not too early.
Fri 24/01/03 at 22:38
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I don't have a problem.
> I just don't think Mario Deserved 96%, is all.
> It wasn't THAT good.
> There's a game they rated TOO highly, because it was the only really
> must have Cube game.

I think it deserved 96%... but the exact same score as Zelda and Metroid makes me laugh.
Thu 23/01/03 at 22:30
"The Will of D."
I haven't bought it yet since it comes out tommorow, and I don't subscribe for it to be mailed to my house.
The 96% is quite a good grade considering their toughness.
Thu 23/01/03 at 22:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Danke.
Thu 23/01/03 at 22:19
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Tommorow.
Thu 23/01/03 at 22:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
When's it out for all the non-subscribery people?
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> yep it was, have you got the issue of NGC?

Yep.
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:36
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
DeltaJava wrote:
>1% for christ's sake!!!

0.3% was the difference between me getting an A and a B in Physics. Compared to that, 1% is pretty big....

But I agree, they both rated it highly. :)
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:33
Regular
"the burning sky"
just dont do what i did first, with my exams i forgot to post my entry and looked in the next issue of NGC and saw i didnt win, (i was dead disappointed, and ready to complain) then whilst cleaning my room i found it at the back of my desk draw, i sent it off, but realised the next issue of the mag wasnt out till the 24th of Jan (with xmas and all), and i started my wait! but as the classic phrase goes, "all good things come to those who wait"
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:30
Regular
"the burning sky"
yep it was, have you got the issue of NGC?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.