GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boot disc"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/01/03 at 22:50
Regular
Hi,

I downloaded a boot disc for PS2 today but have no Idea how it's supposed to work or even if it works.....any Ideas anyone?

Thanx
Hayl
Sun 16/03/03 at 12:06
Regular
"LOVES GAMES ON PS2"
i like boats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun 16/03/03 at 11:54
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I meant kingcat.co.uk, kingcat.com is for boats !
Sun 16/03/03 at 06:42
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Delta, you tried:

tqgames.co.uk
anotherworld.com
cex.co.uk
kingcat.com ?

sure one of them would order it for you if you were desperate.

Most import games retailers won't stock/advertise that sort of thing in case they are seen as encouraging kids to smoke, blah blah blah
Sun 16/03/03 at 06:36
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Mr No Name wrote:
>
> Well done to newageocnsoles.com by the way,

should be newageconsoles.com dodgy fingers/keyboard
Sun 16/03/03 at 02:12
If you find somewher that sells Suikoden 3, then please tell me. I've been looking for the lighter for ages now, but no-one has it.
Sat 15/03/03 at 23:09
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
just put on my lid, inserted boot disc etc etc all works great, can't believe no problems !
Didn't quite take the 5 minutes mentioned on the instructions, more like 15 but hey it's not as bad as building an MFI cabinet.
Got Bomberman Kart for seventeen quid, great game and also includes the normal 2D classic Bomberman game.
Just waiting for my US version of Moto GP3 which will be here next Friday :)
Sat 15/03/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
It's like being back in the playground !

Well done to newageocnsoles.com by the way, ordered a Jap game 5.15pm Thurs and it arrived 8.00 Saturday, no long waits like dvdboxoffice etc etc
Sat 15/03/03 at 14:36
"period drama"
Oh, who cares.
Let people do what they want, think what they want and act how they want.

Be like me. Don't care.
And soon they may realise that the whole world doesn't care about anything they have to say.
Sat 15/03/03 at 10:41
Regular
Look, I'm a writer for NTSC-uk, and consequently I need to be able to play foreign PS2 games. I have no idea how to use a solder, and I don't want to get any mod chip which has 24 wires to solder. Can you not understand this, all of you? Many, many people buy boot discs and mod chips to play import games. Not everyone is as avaricious as you make out, and the reason the world is such a crap hole is because of people like you, constantly jumping on people like yourselves.

> Everyone unto themselves...

First and foremost, to EVERYONE listening - the PS2 bootdiscs can not play CD rips. Which means if you do buy one to play copied games, you're going to have one hell of a time actually copying the damned things. DVD writers are bloody expensive, and take about an hour to fully burn a DVD.

> DVD writers are not expensive. They are £150 or less now, which is cheap. They also burn at 4x now, so take just 15 minutes to fully burn a DVD, not 1 hour. Anyway, you are mixing up CD rips an DVD copying all in one go there....confused eh?

Don't state facts which you've made up, or which you think are true. People do buy mod chips for playing copied games, but that doesn't mean everybody with a mod chip does play copied games.

> See above; maybe you should get your facts straight. Made up facts? You're aving a larf aint ya'? Also, did I ever explicitly state that people with chips only use them for playing copied games? I don't think I did. Stop reading into statements for facts that aren't there.
Sat 15/03/03 at 10:19
Regular
"¬_¬"
Look, I'm a writer for NTSC-uk, and consequently I need to be able to play foreign PS2 games. I have no idea how to use a solder, and I don't want to get any mod chip which has 24 wires to solder. Can you not understand this, all of you? Many, many people buy boot discs and mod chips to play import games. Not everyone is as avaricious as you make out, and the reason the world is such a crap hole is because of people like you, constantly jumping on people like yourselves.

First and foremost, to EVERYONE listening - the PS2 bootdiscs can not play CD rips. Which means if you do buy one to play copied games, you're going to have one hell of a time actually copying the damned things. DVD writers are bloody expensive, and take about an hour to fully burn a DVD.

Don't state facts which you've made up, or which you think are true. People do buy mod chips for playing copied games, but that doesn't mean everybody with a mod chip does play copied games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.