GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boot disc"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/01/03 at 22:50
Regular
Hi,

I downloaded a boot disc for PS2 today but have no Idea how it's supposed to work or even if it works.....any Ideas anyone?

Thanx
Hayl
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:06
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Here's a point of interest from another board - someone who has just received his lid had a question about removing the reset/eject clip.

This part is actually attached to tiny pegs that stick down from the top of the case. To free it so you can remove it easily, you have to lever it up slightly (put your screwdriver between the case and the clip).
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:07
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Usual stuff applies about PAL/NTSC. You need a 60hz compatible TV (which nearly every TV is) and if you connect by scart you'll definitely not have a problem. Can't comment on the stock cable or s-video, cos I don't use them. Don't see it being an issue though.
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:29
"period drama"
Ah, it probaby will be though - I'm connected up to this crappy old TV through the ariel. It doesn't even HAVE a scart socket.
And, if I remeber, ICO came with a 60 and 50 options, and the 60 didn't work properly.

Ah foo.
Wed 05/03/03 at 14:15
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
anyone have any good/bad stories about ordering from goblindirect ? they seem quite cheap for US games any idea's on delivery times ?
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:04
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Never heard of them, sorry.
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Mr No Name wrote:
> anyone have any good/bad stories about ordering from goblindirect ?
> they seem quite cheap for US games any idea's on delivery times ?

Use Tronixweb instead. Better and cheaper.

http://www.tronixweb.com
Wed 05/03/03 at 16:15
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
To FinalFantasyFanatic

Have you ordered the lid and discs yet?

reason i ask is i ordered it this mornin at around 10am, and i havn't recived confiration yet from the site, only from paypal.

SO i sent a email to them at: [email protected]

and it's been returned!!!

Has anyone else ordered from here www.console-direct.co.uk, and recived items?

Just gettin abit worried till they reply, you know.
Wed 05/03/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
goblindirect.co.uk is the URL (they are based in Norfolk), Tronix don't sell what I'm after (Moto GP3) will do a bit more searching.

Thanks anyway
Wed 05/03/03 at 16:40
Regular
"Spanish Hardcore"
A Boot Disk is a disk that make the laser think that it is allowed to play copied games, just part of technology these days.
Wed 05/03/03 at 18:11
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
> SO i sent a email to them at: [email protected]
>

The address on the site is [email protected]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.