GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why NOM sucks......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/01/03 at 16:43
Regular
A) No Zelda review, jsuit a rubbishy 'preplay'.

and B) The star letter simply stated how good 4way multiplayer is.

Well done.

*claps slowly*

At least I'd have a chance of winning summat though......
Fri 31/01/03 at 21:22
Regular
"Remember me?"
Cyclone wrote:
> Localisation?!
>
> So they change the whole story?

Obviously not the whole story... but certain things.
Fri 31/01/03 at 21:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I know that, but what was implied was the storyline as a whole, and so NOM was answering a question as if the storylines were changed regularly.....

'If the US version is anything to go by'?

OF COURSE IT BLOOMIN' IS!
Fri 31/01/03 at 21:28
Regular
The stupidest thing i've ever read in NOM is at the back in their 'best games' section thing. Next to BMX XXX they've written somehting along the lines of "good game as long as you're old enough to understand the humour"

Are these people mentally retarded Monkeys?

Call me stupid but I really don't think you have to be Einstein to understand dick and fart jokes.
Fri 31/01/03 at 21:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I read that.

And laughed too.

:D
Fri 31/01/03 at 21:37
Regular
"Remember me?"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Call me stupid but I really don't think you have to be Einstein to
> understand dick and fart jokes.

What's a dick?

:-D
Fri 31/01/03 at 21:53
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Bleeders wrote:
> Edge is usually my monthly tipple of choice.
>
> Do NOM still use "GreyStation" to describe the PS2?

Nope. That was seriously lame though..
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:22
Regular
Most people don't even have compelling arguments over Nintendo Official Magazine. If you were a subscriber (as I am), you'll grow to like their style and know what they mean in their scores. Oh, and they do say what they think (didn't you ever read those promises?) but it's just their average is 6/10, so games tend to be a little higher.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:25
Maverick42 wrote:
> Most people don't even have compelling arguments over Nintendo
> Official Magazine

Maybe, but I do.

Dont get official magazines unless they give demo discs

Reason:

1. heavy bias for what its official of(in NOM's case nintendo gamecube)

2. They're only writing it because theyve been liscenced to. Unofficial ones do it for the money but also because of understanding of said console
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:39
Regular
Sacrosanct wrote:
> 1. heavy bias for what its official of(in NOM's case nintendo
> gamecube)

Heavy bias? Yeah right. Their average may be slightly high, but they're not biased. They have very few collaborations with Nintendo, aside from a lisence and besides, have you ever read NOM?

> 2. They're only writing it because theyve been liscenced to.
> Unofficial ones do it for the money but also because of understanding
> of said console

I think the Official Magazine has just as much understanding, thankyouverymuch. NOM's news section's always packed, and it's on the whole a very fun and easy to read magazine.
Fri 31/01/03 at 23:06
Regular
MAverick listen here... NOM do overrate their games, NOM's news section is actually rather good, NOM's reviews are short, misses the imporatant information and tells the basics. NOM's previews are just endless streams of pictures.

I don't HATE nom in the vein of I hate G-force but I like CUBE better and I've quickly gone off them.

NGC is far far better, their reviews are indepth and explain important segments with run throughs, they use extreme previews, they concentrate on being both funny, stresses clever points of view and can be both pesemistic and optimistic too. They look at the industry as a whole and NOM are always optimistic... they don't look at any problems. If you want to live in the mushroom filled orgy of Nintendo's home then by all means stick with NOM as everything is great and all games are great and everything nintendo do are great... me I'll stick with reality.

GAMES TM is a damn good magazine so I adivise you pick it up... Edge looks rather good and is more frequent than GAMES. GAMES TM is my replacement for CUBE as i've chucked that mag in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.