GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why NOM sucks......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/01/03 at 16:43
Regular
A) No Zelda review, jsuit a rubbishy 'preplay'.

and B) The star letter simply stated how good 4way multiplayer is.

Well done.

*claps slowly*

At least I'd have a chance of winning summat though......
Thu 30/01/03 at 16:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A) No Zelda review, jsuit a rubbishy 'preplay'.

and B) The star letter simply stated how good 4way multiplayer is.

Well done.

*claps slowly*

At least I'd have a chance of winning summat though......
Thu 30/01/03 at 17:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Star letter one time:
"I think Ocarina Of Time is Great! You can do whatever you want and it lasts ages. Thanks for recommending it guys!"

This won an n64 game.
Michael Owen's Soccer or something.
Thu 30/01/03 at 17:19
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
beacuase... They had to do a 'preplay' as it wasn't a PAL Version.

Nuff said :D
Thu 30/01/03 at 17:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They aren't allowed to review non-pal games.
Ha.
Thu 30/01/03 at 17:38
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> A) No Zelda review, jsuit a rubbishy 'preplay'.

Nintendo Official Magazine are, and will always be a UK magazine. They review and speak about UK games - nothing more, nothing less. That's one of their strong points.

> B) The star letter simply stated how good 4way multiplayer is.

In layman's terms it's that, but in reality it's quite an in-depth description of how important four player multiplayer is to today's games, and how it's now something of a standard.

NOM don't try to be sophisticated - just a fun, and relaxing magazine that can be read easily. They have the most detailed and well presented news section, and the layout's great too.

Give them some credit, they deserve it.
Thu 30/01/03 at 17:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You realise that the other magazines all review the UK games as well, but they also review the American and japanese games.
It's not exactly a strong point, especially seeing as lots of the revews are under 200 words.
Thu 30/01/03 at 17:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> A) No Zelda review, jsuit a rubbishy 'preplay'.
>
> Nintendo Official Magazine are, and will always be a UK magazine. They
> review and speak about UK games - nothing more, nothing less. That's
> one of their strong points.

Sure, but as a dedicated Nintendo gamer, I would like to know their real opinion, and as such, NGC is far better at that, as the review non-PAL games too. I'm sure its not their fault, but the mag is all the less because of it. And thats not my main gripe.

> B) The star letter simply stated how good 4way multiplayer is.
>
> In layman's terms it's that, but in reality it's quite an in-depth
> description of how important four player multiplayer is to today's
> games, and how it's now something of a standard.

No. It was a letter saying how great 4 player is. A letter about that actualy had any imagination or quirkyness would have been better.

> NOM don't try to be sophisticated - just a fun, and relaxing magazine
> that can be read easily. They have the most detailed and well
> presented news section, and the layout's great too.

I know they are not, but there is a limit. The News is good, but not anything special. And NGC has thqat nice little feautre about certain issues, where the team give their honest views.

> Give them some credit, they deserve it.

That may be, but it still sucks.

:D
Thu 30/01/03 at 18:35
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I got a £1 copy of Cube yesterday, the one with Scorpio on from Mortal Kombat. All in all, this is the best magazine i have ever read. Yes, it was an older issue, but it informed me about all of Nintendo's news, which was only briefly mentioned on here. It told me more about the Capcom 5, and actually said what the games would be like. Their reviews were very good as well, they actually said how good a game was, rather than seeing it was by Nintendo and just brown nosing. The reviews also said what the game would offer, and clearly pointed out the key facts right at the beggining of the review. It told me alot about the new Zelda, and had a full review of Metroid Prime. I used to always buy CVG, but then i went on to Games master, but now i'll stick with Cube.
Thu 30/01/03 at 18:56
Regular
NGC is by far better, NOM rates gamesto highly aswell.
Thu 30/01/03 at 19:57
Regular
"Remember me?"
gamezfreak wrote:
> NOM rates gamesto highly aswell.

Because they have to promote Nintendo's games in an attempt to keep sales higher. It's the same with official magazines for anything... which is why I tend to avoid them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.