GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Reserve's Uk chat forums...addictive???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/01/02 at 11:14
Regular

"My name is Cong and I am a chat-a-holic"#
"Hi cong..."

Most of you a probably tittering at the very idea of chat forums annonymous. But the addictive nature of these forums is becoming an ever increasing problem. Recently I have found myself spending every spare minute in these forums, either desrperately trying to up my position in the top 100 posters from the last 30 days leaderboard, or even worse than that, causing my eyes and my brain untold damage in my desperate attempts to get another hit of 'GAD'.

These endless hours spent desperately trying to find something funny to say, has taken it's toll on all other aspects of my life. My managerment career in Championship Manager 2001/02 has sufferend and i am now stuck with Farnborough.

My physical health has detriorated too. My eyes are red raw and the ends of my fingers sore from typing.My butt has doubled in size where I have been sat on it all day and night and my friends have ostracised me.

Therefore I think these forums should henceforth carry suffienct warnings about the effect they can have on your life. If not I will be going to the newspapers to alert people of this alarming new trend.
Sat 26/01/02 at 23:06
Regular
"..."
hey Afro, buy me a beer (8-(])
Sun 27/01/02 at 10:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Might do... :D
Sun 27/01/02 at 16:19
Regular
Erm addictive noooo.
Sun 27/01/02 at 16:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
Sniper[UK²] wrote:
> Erm addictive noooo.

Thanks for that Sniper. :D
Mon 28/01/02 at 19:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ant wrote:
> Sniper[UK²] wrote:
> Erm addictive noooo.

Thanks for that Sniper.
> :D

Hehe!
Mon 28/01/02 at 22:48
Regular
"..."
Oi!!! Gerrof my topic with your pointless posts (B-(|)
Tue 29/01/02 at 16:58
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> Oi!!! Gerrof my topic with your pointless posts (B-(|)

Gerrof your own topic with your own pointless posts, and then mine, and then the people that will quote this... hmmm.
Wed 30/01/02 at 08:42
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> Sniper[UK²] wrote:
> Erm addictive noooo.

Thanks
> for that Sniper.
> :D

Hehe!

What an amazing sentiment from Sniper PhD! We are all astounded by his words and wait for his next post, avidly!

...and that teaches us an important lesson - don't do crack!:p
Wed 30/01/02 at 11:10
Regular
"..."
Remember Kids...Drugs are bad mmmmm'kay?
Thu 31/01/02 at 00:24
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Ýhë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> Remember Kids...Drugs are bad mmmmm'kay?

Warning - UKchatforums can seriously improve your spelling and chatting can increase your typing speed

Warning - Chatting on UKchatforums can cause Gobbledegook. Look for confused expressions on the faces of friends and family. Moderate abbreviations accordingly and avoid leaping from one subject to another.

Warning - Newbies can seriously damage your health.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.