GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Reserve's Uk chat forums...addictive???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/01/02 at 11:14
Regular

"My name is Cong and I am a chat-a-holic"#
"Hi cong..."

Most of you a probably tittering at the very idea of chat forums annonymous. But the addictive nature of these forums is becoming an ever increasing problem. Recently I have found myself spending every spare minute in these forums, either desrperately trying to up my position in the top 100 posters from the last 30 days leaderboard, or even worse than that, causing my eyes and my brain untold damage in my desperate attempts to get another hit of 'GAD'.

These endless hours spent desperately trying to find something funny to say, has taken it's toll on all other aspects of my life. My managerment career in Championship Manager 2001/02 has sufferend and i am now stuck with Farnborough.

My physical health has detriorated too. My eyes are red raw and the ends of my fingers sore from typing.My butt has doubled in size where I have been sat on it all day and night and my friends have ostracised me.

Therefore I think these forums should henceforth carry suffienct warnings about the effect they can have on your life. If not I will be going to the newspapers to alert people of this alarming new trend.
Fri 18/01/02 at 23:35
Regular
"..."
Not to worry anyway guys...Special Reserve have made me a whpopping great 'goodwill payment' not to go to the press...chat on ;)
Fri 18/01/02 at 23:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> I've been addicted to them for over 650 days now.

Yeah, I
> only know 2 people that have been here longer than you...

Who are they then, Afro?

I'll have to get rid of them. ;D
Sat 19/01/02 at 00:06
Regular
There was a point where I was talking and writing about game much more than I was playing them.

That's now changed with the Snes emulators.

SR forums. I've been using all my internet time on these except for the following distractions that keep me away for maybe a month, and then get ignored for ever.

Planetarion.
Neopets.
Netstorm (still going strong but it's not completely taken over like PA and Neopets did.)

Still, this is the closest to a social life that I' ll ever get ;-D, I get to talk about my favourite subject and win games too!

What more could anyone ask from an internet forum?
Sat 19/01/02 at 01:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
Ant wrote:
> I've been addicted to them for over 650 days now.

*mutters*
You must think your good or something...

:P
Sat 19/01/02 at 01:08
Regular
"everyone says it"
My homepage is www.bigbrea....... www.ukchatforums.com

I am a loyal poster, after a period away, my cravings brought me back.
Sat 19/01/02 at 01:11
I always end up back here, I tried to break away, but no. I was not allowed.

Something to do with breach of contract I don't know? Could be worse I suppose...

TRouble is 90% of the time, when I'm here - no-one else is :-(
Sat 19/01/02 at 10:37
Regular
every time i come on the internet i have to have 2 windows open on ukchatforums. even at school during IT lessons i some how manage to add the odd post in the forums.
Sat 19/01/02 at 11:55
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Kid Rock wrote:
Even at school during IT lessons i some how manage to add the odd post in the forums.

Same! Its a relief from copying 100 word essays :D.
Sat 19/01/02 at 13:12
Regular
yeh and our school has broadband so it only takes a few seconds to post a message which is cool.
Sat 19/01/02 at 13:18
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Same. I love it. Did you know that pigs can have a thirty minute orgasm! Sorry. Its just that X-Fm just said that...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.