GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Reserve's Uk chat forums...addictive???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/01/02 at 11:14
Regular

"My name is Cong and I am a chat-a-holic"#
"Hi cong..."

Most of you a probably tittering at the very idea of chat forums annonymous. But the addictive nature of these forums is becoming an ever increasing problem. Recently I have found myself spending every spare minute in these forums, either desrperately trying to up my position in the top 100 posters from the last 30 days leaderboard, or even worse than that, causing my eyes and my brain untold damage in my desperate attempts to get another hit of 'GAD'.

These endless hours spent desperately trying to find something funny to say, has taken it's toll on all other aspects of my life. My managerment career in Championship Manager 2001/02 has sufferend and i am now stuck with Farnborough.

My physical health has detriorated too. My eyes are red raw and the ends of my fingers sore from typing.My butt has doubled in size where I have been sat on it all day and night and my friends have ostracised me.

Therefore I think these forums should henceforth carry suffienct warnings about the effect they can have on your life. If not I will be going to the newspapers to alert people of this alarming new trend.
Thu 17/01/02 at 11:14
Regular
"..."

"My name is Cong and I am a chat-a-holic"#
"Hi cong..."

Most of you a probably tittering at the very idea of chat forums annonymous. But the addictive nature of these forums is becoming an ever increasing problem. Recently I have found myself spending every spare minute in these forums, either desrperately trying to up my position in the top 100 posters from the last 30 days leaderboard, or even worse than that, causing my eyes and my brain untold damage in my desperate attempts to get another hit of 'GAD'.

These endless hours spent desperately trying to find something funny to say, has taken it's toll on all other aspects of my life. My managerment career in Championship Manager 2001/02 has sufferend and i am now stuck with Farnborough.

My physical health has detriorated too. My eyes are red raw and the ends of my fingers sore from typing.My butt has doubled in size where I have been sat on it all day and night and my friends have ostracised me.

Therefore I think these forums should henceforth carry suffienct warnings about the effect they can have on your life. If not I will be going to the newspapers to alert people of this alarming new trend.
Thu 17/01/02 at 21:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Damn right they're addictive, sometimes I have 3 windows open, one for each forum I'm in. One here and one in Sony right now in fact. This is so I can keep up with what's gonig on all over.

It helps my word count too...
Thu 17/01/02 at 23:17
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
At any one time I have 4 windows (or tabs, muahah) open. I wrote a story about FOG addiction but opening a Word document is just too much hassle.
Thu 17/01/02 at 23:22
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i have to agree the forums are very addictive, i cant even use my computer anymore with out logging on to the sr website.
Fri 18/01/02 at 08:39
I agree that these forums are addictive, but I have a problem, in that I don't have the TIME to write loads of posts etc as I'm busy doing other things or I'm writing long posts. I've never had more than one window open at one time, but I may try it, to bump up my post count, as I can reply to two posts at once then, correct? I now have a mental image of some dude sitting at his computer, glued to the screen, salivating at the mouth and his parents are shouting at him to come off, but he won't. :P What addiction problems have you all had? Cough it up!
Fri 18/01/02 at 10:16
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I must win more GADs, if only too match MrHappy's "score"... he won 4 DVDs from his forst 5 reviews!!!! Dah!

But coming back to the point, the forums are great fun... so that's what keeps me coming back

Sonic
Fri 18/01/02 at 15:49
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
yes siree, they are addictive, I managed to get myself up to about the number 11 position in the top posters of the previous 30 days before christmas, then I went cold turkey for 3 weeks and with a change in my class schedule and the snow I can't post here as much.
But I can give up at any time (thats what they all say)
Fri 18/01/02 at 16:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
I've been addicted to them for over 650 days now.
Fri 18/01/02 at 18:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ant wrote:
> I've been addicted to them for over 650 days now.

Yeah, I only know 2 people that have been here longer than you...
Fri 18/01/02 at 20:50
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
And I'm the oldest;)

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.