GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Reserve's Uk chat forums...addictive???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/01/02 at 11:14
Regular

"My name is Cong and I am a chat-a-holic"#
"Hi cong..."

Most of you a probably tittering at the very idea of chat forums annonymous. But the addictive nature of these forums is becoming an ever increasing problem. Recently I have found myself spending every spare minute in these forums, either desrperately trying to up my position in the top 100 posters from the last 30 days leaderboard, or even worse than that, causing my eyes and my brain untold damage in my desperate attempts to get another hit of 'GAD'.

These endless hours spent desperately trying to find something funny to say, has taken it's toll on all other aspects of my life. My managerment career in Championship Manager 2001/02 has sufferend and i am now stuck with Farnborough.

My physical health has detriorated too. My eyes are red raw and the ends of my fingers sore from typing.My butt has doubled in size where I have been sat on it all day and night and my friends have ostracised me.

Therefore I think these forums should henceforth carry suffienct warnings about the effect they can have on your life. If not I will be going to the newspapers to alert people of this alarming new trend.
Fri 01/02/02 at 21:11
Regular
What use would a non-hanger shape coat hanger have?
Fri 01/02/02 at 21:08
Regular
I don't know... I was wearing it at the time, so perhaps I did.

Perhaps it was bent into some sort of non-hanger shape.
Fri 01/02/02 at 21:03
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
You didn't....

Hang some clothes on it?

Did you?
Fri 01/02/02 at 20:54
Regular
What the hell I used the coat hanger for, I doubt I'll ever really know.

I'll have to take a pretty damn close guess, mind.
Fri 01/02/02 at 20:18
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
er-no wrote:
> Warning - er-no can seriously damage your Wealth.

I agree.
Fri 01/02/02 at 20:15
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
:D @ generally everything in this topic. :D
Fri 01/02/02 at 07:59
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tony wrote:

Warning - UKchatforums can seriously improve your spelling and chatting can increase your typing speed

Warning - Chatting on UKchatforums can cause Gobbledegook. Look for confused expressions on the faces of friends and family. Moderate abbreviations accordingly and avoid leaping from one subject to another.

Warning - er-no can seriously damage your health.

Why thank you greatly. :P
Thu 31/01/02 at 22:16
"possibly impossible"
Tony wrote:
> > Chatting on UKchatforums can cause Gobbledegook.

Ah, Grix's disguise. I forgot about that.
Thu 31/01/02 at 21:55
Regular
"..."
Tony wrote:
Warning -
> Chatting on UKchatforums can cause Gobbledegook. Look for confused expressions
> on the faces of friends and family. Moderate abbreviations accordingly and
> avoid leaping from one subject to another.

Anyone else ever found themselves on the verge of saying 'LOL' in real life when someone says something funny? How embarassing :S
Thu 31/01/02 at 08:26
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Tony wrote:
> Warning - Newbies can seriously damage your health.

Amen
> to that!

:( I don't know what to call myself - a newbie or a Regular! Ah well, all will be right with the world when I become a Regular. There's this damn n00b on the Web Design Forums, trying to "teach the Regular's a lesson". Pa-bloody-thetic! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.