GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WRC Challenge Weekend 1"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/01/02 at 12:56
Regular
Only 24 hours to the first code is released, have you registered @ wrc.com (follow the PS2 link etc).

Contest 1 closes at midnight Monday (Monday night), it would be nice to get as many people involved on this thread as possible.

I'm sure some smart German/Swede/.... will beat us all by thirty seconds but hey who cares, it's the taking part that counts.

There is still the chance of being the best in the UK.

Perhaps SR will use WRC as one of their Gamer of the Month challenges later in the year.

Post our times here once we get the code, by the way have you all registered with the same username you use here ?, I have.
Mon 21/01/02 at 09:43
You mean my ONLY time!

It was 6.25.?? - I posted it on here actually.

That was honestly my first and only run so I could have knocked a fair wedge of that probably but I had to go to Warrington to sort my new life out (following being made redundant down in 'lovely' southern England).

So WRC kind of had to take a back seat! What time does the comp close today?
Mon 21/01/02 at 09:37
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
What was your best time? I got down to 6.13.10. about 673rd in the UK !.
Would love to see the top peoples replays.
Mon 21/01/02 at 09:33
I was going to have another session today but looking at these times there isn't going to much hope!

Good fun though - still only managed the one run (awful timing for me to go away for a weekend).

Nice to see how we're doing against each other at least. Can't see anyone here snapping up that Mitsubishi Evo though....
Mon 21/01/02 at 09:32
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
There are a couple in the 5.55's now, a chap from England and one from Austria.
David Lancer has gone from the top 10 but I am sure he will be back. He won a few of the GT3 contests I entered.
Mon 21/01/02 at 02:06
Wooow down to the 5.57's ....is that by david lancer of FR by anychance ginger? I still can't get near my best time,think i'll have one more go!

Beats me how they do it??
Sun 20/01/02 at 11:21
Regular
I will see what I can do today and post my times, I will not have any time tomorrow to play, so today is it.
Sun 20/01/02 at 11:12
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I have improved my time to 6.13.98, leaving me 394th out of 1346 in the UK and 2366 out of 5839 Internationally.
The best in the world are now into the 5.57's, how do they do it?

Amazing the amount of people who have taken part, it is on the increase by about 3000 a day, hopefully some will drop out to give us strugglers a better chance.
Sun 20/01/02 at 01:53
GINGER ....Thanks mate and i appreciate your help very much. ....Atleast i'm not last ..lol. I've been using the handbrake but my timing is well off ..i seem to press the handbrake too early for some reason. Have you been using your steering wheel yet? ..I've got one coming but it won't be here for a couple of weeks yet! ...The bloke who got under 6mins must be a really hardcore gamer too get that time! ...Whats our favourite car mate? ..mine is the peugoet ..i seem to be able to get the back end to work better for me.

Manythanks mate
chat soon
tatty bye :)
Sat 19/01/02 at 08:56
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
The site is a doddle to get into now (if you have Flash etc!)

GSXR Boy, I've just posted your time,
You are 2423 out of 2833 Internationally and
454 out of 576 in the UK.

I'm 1511 in world and 229 in UK. Tough innit !

Try the handbrake for the hairpins, It's easier once you get used to it and allows you to carry more corner speed.

See ya

PS. yes we all have same car and settings, only thing you can alter is auto or manual gears.
Sat 19/01/02 at 01:48
Thanks for putting up the top 5 ginger! ..keep me posted mate:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.