GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That's PGR finished, well I thought it was..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Project Gotham Racing'.
Thu 06/02/03 at 11:07
Regular
Finished getting GOLDs in all of the Kudos Challenge seasons last night, and thought I'd finished the game.

Only to have a BONUS season open up. It's 12 Street Races, 10 laps each. You need something ridiculous like 30,000 K to get a GOLD.

I also found out that you get medals for the Quick Race thing, so I need to do that. And I have to get Golds on the last two levels of the Arcade mode as well.

So I thought I'd finished it, only to find out I've got tonnes more to do...
Wed 19/02/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I am the official PGR king around here, I've got all Golds in Kudos Challange mode, arcase race and quick race modes. Only medal persuit to do now. :P

When you complete the game you get infinate jokers, the custom race skins for all cars, as well as something else I can't remember.

Mabye someday in the far furture when PGR2 comes along on Xbox Live, I'll have to challange you to see who's the best.
Fri 14/02/03 at 22:15
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
YH wrote:
> Set the target time to 1:24.5.

Thats what i've been doing wrong. I set the target time to 1:19:00 and was really pushing it, finding it too difficult.

Thanks, i'll try your advice later. :P
Fri 14/02/03 at 15:04
Regular
Well, I had a look at home, and this is what I did to do that level:

Set the target time to 1:24.5. It is possible to lap a good couple of seconds quicker than that though. I found that time good because it gives a bonus Kudos of 1020, and so all you need is an extra 250 per lap to do it.

I used the Carrera GT, and got an average time of 1:24.093.

When you go through the gravel sections SLOW DOWN! The target time is slow enough so that you can take it easy through the tricky sections. Also, to get the 250 K per lap that you need, combo together as many things as you can.

It's actually better to link a couple of little slides together round one corner, than it is to do one long one, as the combo bonus is higher.

Anyway, let me know how you get on - hope it helps!
Fri 14/02/03 at 12:27
Regular
Ok, I'm actually going away for the weekend, but I *may* be able to have a look when I go home after my lecture, then come back in.

IF not it'll have to wait 'til Monday I'm afraid...
Thu 13/02/03 at 21:34
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
YH wrote:
> The average lap challenge in New York, you just have to keep practicing. I can't remember what target time I used, sorry.

If its not too much to ask, could you check? It says the best target you have beaten on the information screen just before you race, where you can raise lower the number of kudos.

I find it hard as it's easy to hit the sides and loose kudos on the gravel sections aswell as trying to get a fast lap.
Thu 13/02/03 at 21:28
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Yea, set 1st and get a thousand kudos. I'm stuck and just can't come first on 2 of the London stages in the bonus season. I found the Tokyo races however to be the easiest.

Annoyingly, I was 40 kudos off a gold in the other street race i told you about in the second last season. If I had of done it I would have been able to use that joker on the other one.

I was so shizzed off, I had to stop playing to cool down.
Wed 12/02/03 at 08:51
Regular
So have I now :-)

Tried the first race of the bonus levels last night, damn that's hard! I'm assuming you finish in first and just get 1000 K extra during the race? I think it'll take a while for me to get Golds on all of these...
Tue 11/02/03 at 22:08
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
YH wrote:
> , and I'm trying to get Golds in the Very Hard level of the Arcade Mode

I love those. Very hard, but skillfull. Some require 3 flawless laps, ALL linked together. I've done em all.
Tue 11/02/03 at 17:17
Regular
The night race in Japan I set the target to win, giving you 1000 bonus Kudos, and you just have to get another 1000 over the race.

The average lap challenge in New York, you just have to keep practicing. I can't remember what target time I used, sorry.

I haven't tried the Bonus levels yet. I've done the quick race, got Golds in all of those, and I'm trying to get Golds in the Very Hard level of the Arcade Mode before I try the binus level. Probably give it another go tonight for a bit.
Mon 10/02/03 at 20:02
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Well I still havn't got golds in those two yet, only silvers and i'm reluctant to use that joker on either.

Good news is I only have 2 more Golds to get on the Bonus level.:P

Some of those races are TOUGH. The first corner is often the deciding corner meaning there are alot of restarts. The most frustrating thing however is you'll want to punch someone when a car comes right outta nowhere and rams you up the backside, spins you out and puts your last 10 minutes of racing down the tubes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.