GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That's PGR finished, well I thought it was..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Project Gotham Racing'.
Thu 06/02/03 at 11:07
Regular
Finished getting GOLDs in all of the Kudos Challenge seasons last night, and thought I'd finished the game.

Only to have a BONUS season open up. It's 12 Street Races, 10 laps each. You need something ridiculous like 30,000 K to get a GOLD.

I also found out that you get medals for the Quick Race thing, so I need to do that. And I have to get Golds on the last two levels of the Arcade mode as well.

So I thought I'd finished it, only to find out I've got tonnes more to do...
Thu 17/04/03 at 12:55
Regular
I've just got 3 bronzes to convert to Golds in the Bonus season, then I've finished.

I don't know how you got to the first corner first on most of the races Mantis. On most of them I came otu third and slowly (i.e. about 3/10's per lap!) caught up and passed the guys in front.

It's tough, but damn rewarding!

I've just got the New York races to do now, then I'm all done. I think....
Fri 28/02/03 at 16:21
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Back to Life dudes, for the next round (It's a slow day).
Fri 28/02/03 at 16:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Damn it!

I saw this before, but my slow brain didna click!
Fri 28/02/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
FOUNDYOU!
Fri 28/02/03 at 15:57
"Darth Vader 3442321"
*Titters*
Wed 26/02/03 at 21:09
Regular
There is nothing run of the mill about PGR. I reckon even if you dont really like racing games this is still worth picking up. If you do decide to buy it. Dont get p!ssed off by the sh!tty cars that you start off with. I thought that this was gonna be another crap game like gran turismo until i finally got about 1/16 of the way in.

Give it a go

recent news: Only 25,000 off of the F50
Wed 26/02/03 at 19:32
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Is PGR THAT good? I've never been much of a fan of driving games, but as i've yet to get an Xbox racing game i'm considering purchasing it. Is there enough there to justify a non-racing fan buying it, or is it preety run of the mill racing?
Wed 26/02/03 at 19:29
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
YH wrote:
> How about we email in and challenge them to a game of PGR?

No can do. I live in Northarn Ireland so it wouldn't be easy to go across to london or wherever, especially if only to play a game. Add to that GCSEs soon and the dodgy line of explaining to parents i'm going to meet someone from across the internet.

I'd love to but I can't see it happening.
Wed 26/02/03 at 08:46
Regular
Mantis, do you read OXM? Every month they have a piece where readers have challenged the staff on the magazine at a particular game.

How about we email in and challenge them to a game of PGR?

Anyway, I've got 4 Bronzes now, 4 Golds, and 4 left to do. One of the London ones, the high speed one with no proper corners, is a right git. But I won one of the San Francisco ones by about 10 seconds, and got around 2,000 K as well.

Damn I'm good. On some of them...

:-)
Tue 25/02/03 at 21:55
Regular
LOL.. cant wait until i get the bonus season. As it sounds it should take my fancy, as it is apparently mainly down to good driving... Although the concept of the game is heavily reliant on driving 'stylish', i still think you should gain more kudos for being able to drive quickly and win races by faster times... (ie get more kudos for however many seconds you beat the 2nd place guy etc).

The game is called project gotham RACING for a reason.. (you race)

If it was to be properly named, it would be 'project gotham stunt driver' or 'project gotham SkidMeister' LOL...

Not critising it atall... Lets just see what the end of this game, and the next game has in store for me.

:P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.