GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That's PGR finished, well I thought it was..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Project Gotham Racing'.
Thu 06/02/03 at 11:07
Regular
Finished getting GOLDs in all of the Kudos Challenge seasons last night, and thought I'd finished the game.

Only to have a BONUS season open up. It's 12 Street Races, 10 laps each. You need something ridiculous like 30,000 K to get a GOLD.

I also found out that you get medals for the Quick Race thing, so I need to do that. And I have to get Golds on the last two levels of the Arcade mode as well.

So I thought I'd finished it, only to find out I've got tonnes more to do...
Mon 24/02/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Take my advice when I say that the first corner is THE most important corner in the race. Shamelessly ram into the pack and hope that you come out alright, if you're in 3rd or 4th, hit restart. There is a way in each race to come out either 1st or 2nd after the first corner, it depends which angle you take the corner on and which car you smash into.

The London races are nasty with the hardest racing in order to come first. San Fran, New York and Tokyo are also hard but i found them easier.

I used the joker on the 15 lap London race with the steps. Its the only race I found it impossible to come first in. However the silver cars in that race always spun out at the steps- might have been a glitch.

If you don't feel you are gonna catch the car infront after the first corner, hit restart- its all you can do. If things go your way all other cars spin out and you're left with a good few second lead. Worst senario is when you've on the 8th lap or so and that BST black F50 comes and spins you out. It's a sickener.
Mon 24/02/03 at 10:19
Regular
I'm hating the bonus season. I much prefer to drive slower, but stylishly, and in the Bonus season you just have to drive neat and tidy - not my style at all :-(

I've found the New York races the easiest so far though. But I have only got 1 gold and 6 bronzes so far :-(
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:07
Regular
Thanks for the advice, i just find that i can rinse out at any of the racing, but when it comes to getting the kudos, i just cant get used to purposely throwing my cars back end out.

I'll try and use handbrake more often now as it does say whilst in the loading screens "use handbrakes to maximize your kudos" or summin like that.

I still havnt got either the F50 or the V12 Vanquish. only about 25,000 kudos until im at 200,000 and F50 territory.... can not come close to 2000 kudos in the arcade level 4 races, though when i think about it.. it wouldnt be that hard to get all bronzes in level 4 arcade races. gonan try it tonight maybe.

anyways... cheers again
Sun 23/02/03 at 16:37
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
You get the custom paint skins when you get every Gold in Kudos Callange mode, including the bonus season. I know coz i've done it. :)

I use the handbrake on almost every corner unless its time attact and i'm trying to get a fast time. Approch the corners wide and handbrake so you cross the apex of the bend. Works for me.
Sun 23/02/03 at 15:43
Regular
up_in_$moke wrote:
> 1) How do i get the custom sprays for the cars.. i got nearly all the
> gold medals in the medal persuit, but it gives me those disgusting
> bronze, silver and gold car sprays.

Not sure, haven't done too much Medal Pursuit myself, to be honest.

> 2)In what moderation does everyone use their handbrake?

Lots. I'm much better at getting K points than driving fast and smooth. Just tap the handbrake, and you can make slides last for absolutely ages...

> 3) Roughly, when is the release of PGR2, i remember hearing summin
> like Q4 this year... any light on this??

I heard early next year, which is a pain. But I'd rather they spent time on it to make sure its a good game, than rush it and release a crap title.

> Cheers.

No worries :-)
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:55
Regular
This bonus season sounds interesting... I found the racing aspects of the game too easy, though what im always failing is the kudos side of things, i always drive too well and they dont give you points for hitting apexs and taking racing lines. Ive got gold on probably half of the kudos challenges and the rest would be silver.

I have only just this week got the game back from a mate and have been playing it again, it was about 3 or 4 months since i last played it, and to be totally fair.....i was 5h1t! I got too used to Sega GT 2002. I just forgot how good this game actually is.

I just cant wait for PGR2 and the chance to beat some people on the SR forums.

I got a few questions aswell.

1) How do i get the custom sprays for the cars.. i got nearly all the gold medals in the medal persuit, but it gives me those disgusting bronze, silver and gold car sprays.

2)In what moderation does everyone use their handbrake?

3) Roughly, when is the release of PGR2, i remember hearing summin like Q4 this year... any light on this??

Cheers.
Sat 22/02/03 at 11:47
Regular
That yellow ferrari on the Bonus level is REALLY starting to me off. He always takes me out at the first corner, and then seems to make it his mission to be a complete for the rest of the race.

I'm thinking its going to be easier for me to get Golds by setting the finishing target to 2nd, and then make the rest up with extra K in the race.

Have to see how it goes...
Thu 20/02/03 at 21:27
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Gamezfreak wrote:
> Ihave PGR and I thinkits brilliant,I just cannot do it though!

Don't be too fussy on gettin goals the first time you do a race, just try to geta at least a bronze. When you get the better cars later in the game then can you go back and earn golds.

I'd recomend completing Quick Race mode first. Get all golds in Very hard wich isn't too difficult and you'll unlock the Ferrari 355 I think. I makes the kudos challange mode races a doddle.
Thu 20/02/03 at 19:01
Regular
Pfft.

Ihave PGR and I thinkits brilliant,I just cannot do it though! I'm on the "London" level, Gained myself 6 golds on it, I just need to do 1 more street race, and its difficult.
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:35
Regular
I've still got that bloody bonus season to do, but haven't played it for a week or so as I've got Rocky now - a top game!

I'm definately up for a Live! game of PGR2 when it comes out. Hopefully I'll have broadband by then... :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.