GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ghost Stories"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 12:38
Regular
I'm in the mood to be scared. So give your own ghost stories or ones you know. Any of you ever seen a ghost. Ever had any look with a ouija board? Ever played Bloody mary or similar games.

Come on scare me.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:17
"Darkness, always"
those aren't scary.

It's like:

Hmmm. Either there isn't anything wrong with this picture, or I need my eyes testing. Ah, an animated gif (or sad flash anim), at least I know that my eyes are ok *closes window*
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:17
Regular
"Remember me?"
God, I hate that. Some Canadian skank on MSN gave me the link. She's on my "list" now.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:21
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
A good number of years ago...about 11-12 years ago, I reckon, we decided to do a ouija board. So there we were gathered around in an old hut inside a cemetary on Halloween. (We decided to do things by the book and had waited a while for the conditions to be right). There were 6 of us doing it - myself (obviously) and 5 others, one of whom was named Jamie Burns. After setting up the board and trying to freak each other out with pathetic noises and promises of devil worshipping we got down to business.

We gathered in a circle around this board during night time. The place was silent as we started the actions that would make an indelible blemish on my subconcious for the rest of my life...

We put our hands on the glass thing you use to move onto the letters (from now on I'll refer to it as a monocle. I know it wasn't a monocle but humour me okay?)

Anyway, we started the session. Now i know for a fact that we were trying to move the monocle around - there was no "ghostly, spiritual force" moving it around. It was us and our foolishness that propelled us towards the moment of fear...

After shoving the monocle around with stupid questions ("Will James ever get a girlfriend? Will Michael ever pay his fines on his overdue library books? Will Brendon ever do his English homework?") by the light of a fading candle, we started to get bored of it and were cracking jokes and thinking about leaving (not alone of course - we were too nervous for that; safety in numbers etc.) when Jamie leaned back on his upturned crate a bit too much and fell backwards with a startled yell. When he got back up, our jeering laughter died on our lips as he looked at us - his eyes were blood red. I know it sounds implausible and ridiculous but i didn't make a mistake with what I saw - neither did anyone else. As Jamie said to us (with his devil eyes), "What? What's wrong?" we started shouting in fear - a few of us started screaming.

Remember, we were only 11 or 12 at the time and it was alarming to see one of our friends with red eyes. These were the days when coloured contact lenses weren't available. He wasn't bleeding and there wasn't enough time to manipulate his eyes in any way. We ran out into the night, vaulting old gravestones and shouting our fear to the darkened skies on Halloween, leaving a confused, but equally terrified, Jamie Burn behind because in our gullible minds, he had become the devil.

To this day, I can't explain it. It's still vivid in my mind - his red eyes looking at us, almost leering at us as he asked what was wrong. Now i'm not superstitious in any way and it takes more than a ouija board to scare me, but the events of that night over 10 years ago remain a mystery to me...

*Unbeliever shudders*
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:23
"Darkness, always"
He was clearly "infected". Fear the rage.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
oooh. I like it.

IB stop being such a party pooper.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:27
"Darkness, always"
Rosalind wrote:
> oooh. I like it.
>
> IB stop being such a party pooper.

Haven't seen 28 days later then?
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:28
Regular
"Remember me?"
Rosalind wrote:
> oooh. I like it.

Yeah I'm enjoying these.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Haven't seen 28 days later then?

No, but a friend said it was the worst film he had ever seen.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:30
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Well, it's all very well speaking in jest about it but it genuinely frightened the livings daylights out of me.

We saw him a couple of days later (for some reason he wasn't at school the next day) and he was normal again. When he asked us what happened and why we all ran out on him, all of us muttered something under our breath about being scraed of the graveyard. Thankfully, no-one told him the real reason why we ran out like that. In typical schoolboy bravado, we tried to act as if it was a big plans instigated by all of us to freak him out. Little did he know...
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:34
"Darkness, always"
Rosalind wrote:
> No, but a friend said it was the worst film he had ever seen.

Well, it's not the best film you'll ever watch, but coming from me, someone who has watched dozens of listless "horror" movies without even flinching, including the totally not scary Exorcist, I lost sleep over it.

It's just the bloodshot eyes, and relentless running across a dark lawn with reckless abandon and rage, and all they want is to kill you or make you one of them.

The idea of something that spreads so quickly, and in 30 seconds turns an ordinary human being into a mindless raging killer with bloodshot and nothing but hate for everything is quite scary.

Now imagine waking up in a world where those people are everywhere.

Pounding on the door, smashing down the windows, breaking into your bedroom and throwing themselves onto you while you're sleeping. No time to fight, no use in screaming, the infected have you.

Well worth watching in my opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.