GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ghost Stories"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 12:38
Regular
I'm in the mood to be scared. So give your own ghost stories or ones you know. Any of you ever seen a ghost. Ever had any look with a ouija board? Ever played Bloody mary or similar games.

Come on scare me.
Wed 12/02/03 at 12:38
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I'm in the mood to be scared. So give your own ghost stories or ones you know. Any of you ever seen a ghost. Ever had any look with a ouija board? Ever played Bloody mary or similar games.

Come on scare me.
Wed 12/02/03 at 12:43
"Darkness, always"
Done bloody mary, done candyman, done ouiji boards.

Not seen a ghost, experienced anything otherworldly, seen orbs, heard random inexplicable noises or anything else for that matter.

Ever seen "Most Haunted", I've watched it a couple of times, and I just laugh all the way through.

"Sam, what is it Sam? It's the boy, he's running from the murderer. THE HARPIES!!! THE HARPIES!!!"

Where do they find these people?
Wed 12/02/03 at 12:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Urban Myth:

A young man and his girlfriend are driving out on the moors one night. The car breaks down on the middle of nowhere, and the girl thinks "Yeah, right, the 'run out of petrol routine' again."

But this time she gets worried when her boyfriend gets out of the car, goes to the trunk and gets out the small plastic jerrycan. He pokes his head through the driver's door and says:

"Look honey, I'm not sure how far it is to the next garage, so I may be gone a while, you'd better lock the doors and keep the windows closed to stay warm."

With that he shuts the door and she can see him walk off into the mist in front of her through the car's headlights.

Minutes pass, then hours and she's getting very frightened. The moon has gone behind some clouds, and it's very dark. Suddenly, there's a THUD on the car roof which makes her scream. Then there's another THUD, and another, until there's a tirrade of banging on the roof above her head. She is now very close to panicking and thinks about making a bolt for it from the passenger side door, when she is dazzled by lots of lights shining into the car.

Then she hears a voice: "This is the police. Please stay calm."

She holds up her hand against the bright lights and can just make out distant figures, silhouetted against police car headlights a few years away.

"Please move very slowly, and step out of the car and walk towards us. Do NOT look back."

So, very slowly, she opens the passenger side door and steps out, refusing to turn around to see what is making the THUD noises on the car roof.

"That's it, good girl, keep walking towards us, you'll be fine..."

She's about 10 paces from her car now, approaching the police, and feels safer, so turns around to see what the noise was.

And there, on the car roof, is a lunatic. He's got something in his hands and he's smashing it against the car roof. Squinting her eyes to get a better look through the glare of their car's headlights, she sees it's her boyfriend's head.
Wed 12/02/03 at 12:54
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Variation

She turns round to see what the banging is and she sees her boyfriens hanging from a tree. His feet are scraping along the roof of the car.
Wed 12/02/03 at 12:56
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Variation:

It's snowing.
Wed 12/02/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Take an eyetest:

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/sabotage/vision_sabotage.asp
Wed 12/02/03 at 12:58
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
I doubt that has anything to do with it.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:02
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Take an eyetest:
>
> http://www.liquidgeneration.com/sabotage/vision_sabotage.asp

I haven't seen that one before.I like it.

It made my jump.

Its a bit like that haunted room one.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:15
Regular
"Remember me?"
Rosalind wrote:
> Its a bit like that haunted room one.

Is that similar to the one where it tells you to "find out what's wrong with the picture"? And there isn't actually anything wrong with it, so you're looking at it really closely... then this massive scabby, ugly, disgusting face pops up and fills up the screen, and you hear this bloodcurdling scream. Scared the hell outta me.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:15
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Yes it is that one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.