GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ghost Stories"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 12:38
Regular
I'm in the mood to be scared. So give your own ghost stories or ones you know. Any of you ever seen a ghost. Ever had any look with a ouija board? Ever played Bloody mary or similar games.

Come on scare me.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:19
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
So Ros are you finally entertained with your vast amounts of stories.:-D
Thu 13/02/03 at 00:16
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Depends how much rain, and at what speed the wind is travelling.

And if someone happens to be smashing down a wall at 2am.
Thu 13/02/03 at 00:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ha

Yes because rain can sound like somebody smashing a wall down
Thu 13/02/03 at 00:06
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Was it raining? ;-)

Nah, some of these are quite weird.
Thu 13/02/03 at 00:00
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My room in my house is downstairs and the window faces out onto my street.

One night I was awoken by a tapping on my window... as it was 2/3am it took me a while to figure out what was happening. I shrugged it off and tried to get back to sleep... when I heard the tapping again... each tap made me more scared. My only thought was that it was somebody I knew or some drunk from the pub... but it was at 2/3am on a weeknight and I wondered why anybody would want to tap my window. Then when I was thinking it happened again which by this time scared the crap out of me for some reason. I wanted to look out my curtains but the thought of somebody standing looking at me stopped me. It then happened again but only once... I tried to ignore it but the fear was building up inside.

It stopped for a second or two... but this time it was to the wall at my left. It was my neighbours drive on that side so maybe it was still some drunk. The thumping grew quite loud and I wanted to run upstairs but the door was right next to the window and the wind usually moves the curtains, instead I stayed in my bed. Now the next bit is the strangest... the wall behind me was next but the room behind me is the kitchen and unless there was a burglar was there no way somebody could be tapping that wall... this was my que to leggit upstairs to my parents and brother for some kind of support. I locked myself in the bathroom for a while and tried to consider how stupid I was... just a coincidence I told myself... some git knocking on window then noise from pipes or something. I eventually woke my parents to tell them I could hear banging... we all looked about and outside windows but nothing.

Never knew what happened... think I was 13/14 at the time.

Scared the hell out me, couldn't sleep for a week.
Wed 12/02/03 at 23:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ms NY's Gran seems to attract ghosts

Scary
Wed 12/02/03 at 23:36
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
I am going to make a short story that will please your needs Ros.

I made a new topic for it.

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?
threadid=68563&forumid=416
Wed 12/02/03 at 23:35
Regular
"Spanish Hardcore"
everyone must agree that telling ghost stories and reading them are actually quite fun, who agrees?
Wed 12/02/03 at 23:34
Regular
"Spanish Hardcore"
Well it scared me so read:

Me and my mate was staying over at his house and he said to me "Come in my room and dont make any loud noises what-so-ever", so I walked in without asking him why and he said "sit down and don't be scared", so I sat down and just before I was going to ask him "Why?", some black cloud come from no-were and sat next to my mate, and he started talking to it. 5 Minutes later the black cloud disapeared and my mate said "Sorry about that, he wanted to ask me something", I then replied with £+"What did he ask", he said "he wanted me to find out if any of his family is still alive", I then said "oh, ok, but how did all this happen", my mate said "I haven't told anyone but I am a "witch doctor", I stud up and walked home as he was scaring me.

And every corner I took I was watching out for that black cloud so-called a ghost, as it scared me to death in my mates.
Wed 12/02/03 at 23:21
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Mine's kind of boring, but I'll tell it anyway in a condensed form.

My Aunt was going to get married. My Great Grandmother (her grandmother) had always insisted she WOULD be at the wedding. Unfortunately, my great grandmother died shortly before the wedding.

The wedding went on. However, on the day my aunt recalls an old woman. No one knew who it was, and no one dared to ask. Apparently, she smelt terrible. She came over and kissed my Aunt, along with one of the bridesmades.

She didn't say anything.

Shortly after, when my Aunt had realised what had happened, she looked for the lady but couldn't find her. Even after looking at all the wedding videos, she can't see her anywhere.

My Aunt likes to think it was my great grandmother. However, it's much more likely that it was some crazy woman who does it at every wedding :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.