GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The BIG book of GTA3 moments"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 17:40
Regular
What strange, funny, or unusual things have you seen while roaming the streets of GTA3?

I have seen a flying car. I was in portland, just outside my base. I jumped on top of a taxi, got my sniper riffel, and killed as I traveled. Eventualy the cops came after me. The taxi driver went crazy, and drove everywhere. when his car fliped over I was forced to leave it. But as I was running away, a car came round the corner. It went onto rthe grass and hit a tree. My mate who was with me said 'look at that car' as it got closer we realised it was flying above the GTA guys head. I ran after it, and after a while it landed and drove off normaly.

so what have you seen?
Tue 08/01/02 at 14:48
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
pro devo soccer wrote:
> There's something else I want to know.... Is getting two hookers in your car just plain greedy?

Yes and no, depends on how you look at it or how bad your health is! LOL!

>One does the business, and then the other just hangs around
afterwards. Handy.

Yep, very handy, I had one the other day who after talking to me through the window was walking around the car but I got out accidentally, she then walked back round the car upto me and just stood there. I then decided to walk away and she just followed me everywhere I went. I got fed up in the end I threatened to shoot her and she ran off! Haha!

Though I couldn't store her permanently in my lockup.

I managed to do this in Portland hideout, if you park the car close to the wall that you would get out of and then get out the opposite side 1st, she'll get out as well but if you run out the garage quickly you can lock her in there!

Cool kidnapping a hooker. I saved the game and then opened the garage and she walked out and then tried to walk through the wall....weirdo!

>Has anyone had three? Actually, I must try and see if it works with a limo. I could do my best Ali G impression then ;-).

Now three is just being plain greedy ;)
Tue 08/01/02 at 11:44
There's something else I want to know.... Is getting two hookers in your car just plain greedy? One does the business, and then the other just hangs around afterwards. Handy. Though I couldn't store her permanently in my lockup. Has anyone had three? Actually, I must try and see if it works with a limo. I could do my best Ali G impression then ;-).
Tue 08/01/02 at 11:30
Regular
"Bah"
i did that as well at first by accident in the second car, it just goes to show how many hidden extras there are in the game.
MM
Tue 08/01/02 at 11:20
That sounds right, I was in a Stallion (car, I hasten to add). It's one of the things I like about GTA3, you have the structured missions, and then you'll stumble on something by accident. Great.
Tue 08/01/02 at 11:18
Regular
pro devo soccer wrote:
> This probably isn't much of a surprise to people who have done all/most of the
> missions, or those who have read the GTA3 FAQs that are available, but I was
> playing yesterday evening and nicked a (non parked) car in front of the car park
> on the second island. And got a sub game to drive around checkpoints in the car
> park. Slightly hampered by the fact that my wanted level was at four, and the
> police didn't seem interested in my sub game shenanigans ;-0.

You were quite lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it, as you must have the right car, a stallion I think to start that sub game, no other car will start the game.
Tue 08/01/02 at 11:14
This probably isn't much of a surprise to people who have done all/most of the missions, or those who have read the GTA3 FAQs that are available, but I was playing yesterday evening and nicked a (non parked) car in front of the car park on the second island. And got a sub game to drive around checkpoints in the car park. Slightly hampered by the fact that my wanted level was at four, and the police didn't seem interested in my sub game shenanigans ;-0.
Tue 08/01/02 at 01:45
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
i found out today that if you stop at the traffic lights and stay there for a while someone will nick the car off you also start a fight with a granny and she hits you with shopping bags.

what i like to do though is the bit of road near the stadium that goes under the road to the bridge, if you ram the car hard against those orange deviders it flips really badly or if you keep steering it into the slight sloop towards the water it'll roll the car.
Mon 07/01/02 at 12:46
Regular
Jive wrote:
Have you also noticed that some cars don't move when you shoot at
> them, they just sit there as if to say "yeah go ahead and ruin my car, I've
> just nicked it so I don't care"?

Yeh, sometimes but when I use the M16 they quickly realise their mistake BOOM.
Mon 07/01/02 at 12:43
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Shadow wrote:
>Try the same thing travelling to shorevale over the bridge and you are waiting for the middle part to come back down. The car you are along side will try to burn off to avoid you and fall over the gap of the bridge to their doom.

Have you also noticed that some cars don't move when you shoot at them, they just sit there as if to say "yeah go ahead and ruin my car, I've just nicked it so I don't care"?
Mon 07/01/02 at 12:28
Regular
uk_vamp wrote:
also try this when at the traffic light have a car to the side of you
> then press L2 or R2 depending what side they're on and shoot at there car
> sometimes they'll burn off smashing into everything try and follow them as it's
> so funny they keep going to you lose them. best cars are the taxis as the
> normaly always react to a few pot shots at there motors

Try the same thing travelling to shorevale over the bridge and you are waiting for the middle part to come back down. The car you are along side will try to burn off to avoid you and fall over the gap of the bridge to their doom.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.