GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A question for PS2 owners"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 10:58
Regular
Now, I'm well aware that the vast majority of you are OK, but the instances of PS2 fanboyism are increasing by the day, and to be frank, it's getting out of hand - a bunch of them have recently spilled over to the Ninty forum =(

Now, I'm not saying it's your fault (the ordinary PS2 owners), because it isn't. But what can be done to educate the semi-literate masses who insist on spamming the world with "PS2 r0x0rs it iz da bezt eva" and "GTAVC iz kuhl" night and day like a bunch of intellectually challenged vampires working shifts?

To be honest, I'm sick to death of staring ignorance in the face day after day, and after presenting the facts to these asinine fanboy morons, they promptly disregard everything I've said and repeat their previous statements to fade.

I'm irritated by it, I know many of you are too. What can we do?
Sat 01/03/03 at 21:36
"High polygon count"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> On behalf of all the moronic fanboys, I apologise.

Same here, but let's not pretend that these PS2 owners are the only morons on the forums. There are more than enough Ninty and Xbox fanboys guilty of EXACTLY the same crimes.

Singling out those claiming to be PS2 fans and acting like they're the only ones shows equal bias, even if it is on a more intellectual scale.

IB is just as big a Ninty fanboy, and constantly slates the PS2 and its software - he just uses longer words that are actually part of the English language, and ensures his sentences are properly punctuated! :-)
Sat 01/03/03 at 21:25
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I think letting their posts go unreplied to and let them slip down the page is really the only thing that can be done. If they don't get responses they'll hopefully soon get tired of wasting their time.
Sat 01/03/03 at 21:08
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Notables should have the power to veto trash threads.
Maybe if 3 agree then they can nuke it.
Or we can get Beards to give out their address and we go and lay the smackdown on them....
Sat 01/03/03 at 18:13
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Muddatrucker wrote:

> Democracy is NOT a good thing.

Which is why we have JAT's, Newbies, Regulars and Notables?! Thinking about it, my idea was pretty poo. The only good idea to stop all of the fanboys is to ignore their posts, rather than letting the replies stack up to about 80. If we just let them drop to the bottom of the page and then eventually disappear, everything would be sorted. Oh, and who are you calling a fanboy IB?
Sat 01/03/03 at 18:11
Regular
insane bartender i no i was being a loser before but now i agree i dont like vice city no more sorry for earlier
Sat 01/03/03 at 18:08
"Darkness, always"
Look everyone, it's one of those people I was telling you about =P
Sat 01/03/03 at 17:06
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
You keep spilling over into this forum too!
Sat 01/03/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
El Juicy wrote:
> The thing is though, none of the people that actually post in this
> forum do make these kind of "fanboy" posts. It's the people
> that are "cool" and are bored, so they come onto the forums
> and post this rubbish because they know that they cause a stir. It
> just needs to be ignored, but having a lil' button that allows us to
> delete these kind of topics wouldn't go a miss. Let's say if 10
> different people click on this button below the post, it gets deleted.

Democracy is NOT a good thing. 10 out of a few hundred people is not enough. Plus, people will gang up on people they don't like.
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:12
If that was to be the case then you would get these noobs pressing the button on decent topics in the Fog Chat, say a really long spoof that was actually really good, and that would get deleted... To much power for the Fanboys to handle.
It would be like Santa in DisneyLand...
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:05
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
The thing is though, none of the people that actually post in this forum do make these kind of "fanboy" posts. It's the people that are "cool" and are bored, so they come onto the forums and post this rubbish because they know that they cause a stir. It just needs to be ignored, but having a lil' button that allows us to delete these kind of topics wouldn't go a miss. Let's say if 10 different people click on this button below the post, it gets deleted.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.