GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A question for PS2 owners"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 10:58
Regular
Now, I'm well aware that the vast majority of you are OK, but the instances of PS2 fanboyism are increasing by the day, and to be frank, it's getting out of hand - a bunch of them have recently spilled over to the Ninty forum =(

Now, I'm not saying it's your fault (the ordinary PS2 owners), because it isn't. But what can be done to educate the semi-literate masses who insist on spamming the world with "PS2 r0x0rs it iz da bezt eva" and "GTAVC iz kuhl" night and day like a bunch of intellectually challenged vampires working shifts?

To be honest, I'm sick to death of staring ignorance in the face day after day, and after presenting the facts to these asinine fanboy morons, they promptly disregard everything I've said and repeat their previous statements to fade.

I'm irritated by it, I know many of you are too. What can we do?
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:52
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
'Quasi' meaning 'not in any way whatsoever'-fictitious? So much for that dictionary you swallowed IB.

Anyway, whenever you decide to drop one of your 'PS2s are beneath me' rants on us you always focus solely on GTA3 and other gory games, completely overlooking titles like Ico and FFX, Gitaroo man and Parappa, and so on. So you shouldn't really bring it up if you think PS2 fanboys only focus on the kiddy aspect of the Gamecube.

Besides, this site is built on a fanboy culture. You can't escape it, the very fact that the console discussions are split into three separate forums is enough to cause it.
Mon 03/03/03 at 12:42
"Darkness, always"
I hadn't noticed that. Is that an edit?

Suuurely...
Mon 03/03/03 at 12:37
Regular
chadyboy3 wrote:
> insane bartender i no i was being a loser before but now i agree i
> dont like vice city no more sorry for earlier

That's hilarious.
Mon 03/03/03 at 12:30
"Darkness, always"
El Juicy wrote:
> Oh, and who are you calling a fanboy IB?

That was just a joke dig at Darwock, the man who loves posting quasi-fictitious Cube rumours everywhere.
Sun 02/03/03 at 03:11
Regular
Probably, you should have the people in the Ninty forum actually weed out the real fanboys from the people who genuinely have an opinion.

I've been called a fanboy all week for being a satisfied Cube owner who prefers his PS2 and Xbox, see how that works? I own all three consoles and like them all, but according to some, that makes me a fanboy ;)
Sat 01/03/03 at 23:00
"...Unicef pennies.."
Yes, the problem here is that a "PS2 RUKLEZ >>>>>>>>>>>>> GAYKUBE" posts are almost guaranteed a bumper batch of replies. Angry or not, it must be nice to see your post get a sizeable response. Conversely, there are many good, sensible posts that drop like a stone, whilst everybody bumps up the console war threads.

If the fanboys haven't got enough brain cells to write to the high standard that justifies intelligent response around here, then the only other way that they can write a thread that won't drop is to offend people by slating their favourite console.

And sooooo many of the users here rise to the bait again and again and again!
Sat 01/03/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
There is very little you can do, as long as they have the freedom to post here they will.
Same with everything in life and you could work for the rest of your life to try work out what makes them do it and I doubt you would ever find the true answer for it.

Ignoring it is the best I think we can do, not even justifying the post with a comment about how crap their view is or to get them to shut up. Ignore them and they may get tired and stop or dare I say it even learn from it and actually write decent stuff.

So next time you see a post like that just let it drop and ignore it.
Sat 01/03/03 at 22:03
"Darkness, always"
I know several others who do own them, and have played a number of games on a number of different PS2s.

I've never been in rapture by anything I've played, especially not the ghastly GTA3. As a dedicated Ninty, however, I knew I was guaranteed a number of quality titles that didn't try to attract me on gore content alone. An over-generalisation, sure, but while a lot of "mature" PS2 owners will scoff at the thought of playing Mario or Zelda games, the FACT remains, that both series are laden with a number of excellent quality titles, something Nintendo adheres to almost religiously.

I'm not likely to convert anyone here, and no-one here is likely to convert me. If I were likely to buy a second console, it would be a Dreamcast. Cheap, quality gaming is very tempting...
Sat 01/03/03 at 21:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> Not owning a PS2 because I find that, for me, other consoles are
> better

Just a question and mean no offence but how do you know the other consoles are better if you don't actually own a PS2??
Sat 01/03/03 at 21:57
"Darkness, always"
I resent the implication that I'm even in the same league as the muppets currently spamming up the Ninty forum.

Sure, I argue with Top Score and Update, but that's because they're ill-informed mopheads, determined to spread factless malcontent.

Not owning a PS2 because I find that, for me, other consoles are better is a world of difference in comparison to creating a hundred and one threads saying "GAMECUBE IS GHAY AND IF YOU OWN IT YUORE SAD GEAKY BOUSE!!"

I think I deserve a little more respect that than.

No, I KNOW I deserve a lot more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.