GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SOS: The Final Escape"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOS: The Final Escape'.
Mon 03/03/03 at 09:47
Regular
Anyone else got this game?

I heard about it months ago, it was out in japan and they was on about will it or won't it be out in uk.

Next thing i know, it's out in uk and called SOS: final escape.
So because of the great GAME 10 day return policy, i got it, and it's GREAT!!!!

I can't find ANY reviews ANYWHERE on the net, but i'd recommend it.
It plays kind of Res evil style but there's no zombies to kill, and your trapped on an island after an earthquake. rescueing people and trying to find a way out, of the ever changing city.

There's multiply pathways aswell, you play a different game depending on what choices you make, so it's got some reply value aswel.

good game, i'm just wondering about the size of the game, hopin it's not over to quickly cos it's good.
Thu 06/03/03 at 18:17
Regular
Just out of the bath and chillin! In about 30mins I'am gonna start playing it! Damn thingk I have to clean up my Memory Card first!
Thu 06/03/03 at 19:07
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I thought exactly the same thing about my memory card but it seems to be taking saves so I'm ok at the moment :)

So far I've managed to get into the restaurant but I've died a couple of times mainly through falling into the water.
Thu 06/03/03 at 20:41
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Hey Geoff274544 or can I just call you Geoff?

How far have you got so far? I've managed to get off the bridge and am now down at ground level doing a spot of exploring :)
Thu 06/03/03 at 21:10
Regular
Jive wrote:
> Hey Geoff274544 or can I just call you Geoff?
>
> How far have you got so far? I've managed to get off the bridge and
> am now down at ground level doing a spot of exploring :)

I just started playing it at six, taking a break. I'am off the bridge. Actually Karen is now lost and came across the fellow that has been killed!

Game seems pritty cool. Love the clips of the earthquake!
Thu 06/03/03 at 21:11
Regular
As for the memory card I deleted a few saves. "The Sims" takes up way to much space, over a Megabyte!
Thu 06/03/03 at 21:32
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Hehe....looks like I'm only just infront of you, just found Karen and have just been killed, watch out for falling debris ;)

The Sims takes up 1mb.....sheesh, although that's not as bad as one of the WWF games as I recall, I think it was about 4mb!!
Fri 07/03/03 at 00:01
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I'm now at the Dmitri Canal with 3hrs 29m gone, how far behind you am I oasismark?

Really good game although have noticed some frame rate slow down in certain places but it's only happened once in a while. Effects are really good and puzzles are pretty cool.

One thing I'm not sure about, the different compasses, do they make a difference?
Fri 07/03/03 at 09:19
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Jive wrote:
> I'm now at the Dmitri Canal with 3hrs 29m gone, how far behind you am
> I oasismark?
>

Finished it last night!!!

I'll not say how long it took, as it may spoil it for you guys.
I'll just say that i got ending no.1.

So from that we can say it's got loads of replay value to get all the different endings

Some really cool bits near the end, i really don't wonna spoil it, so i'll say no more.

Different endings, different pathways, i'm gonna play it again, so i play all the bits i missed the frist time. :)

> Really good game although have noticed some frame rate slow down in
> certain places but it's only happened once in a while. Effects are
> really good and puzzles are pretty cool.
>
> One thing I'm not sure about, the different compasses, do they make a
> difference?

NO, they're just like secrets, it tells you how many you got out of how many there are at the end, so you can play again and search for them all.

Anyone stuck, just ask.
Fri 07/03/03 at 09:48
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
oasismark wrote:
> NO, they're just like secrets

What happens if you discard them, I've found a couple but thought they looked rubbish so I just said no to equip....does that make a difference.

Glad you didn't spoil it though....cheers for that :)

Will play some more tonight but mainly tomorrow now.
Fri 07/03/03 at 10:18
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Jive wrote:
> oasismark wrote:
> NO, they're just like secrets
>
> What happens if you discard them, I've found a couple but thought they
> looked rubbish so I just said no to equip....does that make a
> difference.
>

I really think there just to collect, like the dogtags in MGS2

> Glad you didn't spoil it though....cheers for that :)
>
> Will play some more tonight but mainly tomorrow now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.