GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SOS: The Final Escape"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOS: The Final Escape'.
Mon 03/03/03 at 09:47
Regular
Anyone else got this game?

I heard about it months ago, it was out in japan and they was on about will it or won't it be out in uk.

Next thing i know, it's out in uk and called SOS: final escape.
So because of the great GAME 10 day return policy, i got it, and it's GREAT!!!!

I can't find ANY reviews ANYWHERE on the net, but i'd recommend it.
It plays kind of Res evil style but there's no zombies to kill, and your trapped on an island after an earthquake. rescueing people and trying to find a way out, of the ever changing city.

There's multiply pathways aswell, you play a different game depending on what choices you make, so it's got some reply value aswel.

good game, i'm just wondering about the size of the game, hopin it's not over to quickly cos it's good.
Wed 05/03/03 at 16:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm actually quite looking forward to this game, it's certainly a nice change to have a game which doesn't require an amazing amount of violence to be fun. And it's also nice to see an "original" game on the PS2 in the wake of yet more sequels.
Wed 05/03/03 at 16:15
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
That's exactly what I was thinking, it's the survival genre without the zombie/monster twist that appeals to me.

Plus what sounds like a good replay value in that the environment changes each time with the earthquakes, perhaps I shall order tonight then :)
Thu 06/03/03 at 11:56
Regular
It gets released 2morrow. Got my copy through the post this morning. Will play it tonight and let u know how I get on with it!
Thu 06/03/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Okay, I've capitulated and bought the game from GAME for an extra £7 :(

The bloke who served me asked if I'd played it.....duh, anyway he said he played it the other day and got off the train at the start but didn't have a clue what to do after that.

Ah well if I can get off the train tonight and work out what I'm supposed to be doing at least I can go back in and taunt him :)

Plus if anyone gets stuck, just ask Oasismark as he must be up around the 8 or 9 hours passed now.

*wants to go home*
Thu 06/03/03 at 15:21
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Jive wrote:
> Okay, I've capitulated and bought the game from GAME for an extra
> £7 :(
>
> The bloke who served me asked if I'd played it.....duh, anyway he said
> he played it the other day and got off the train at the start but
> didn't have a clue what to do after that.
>
> Ah well if I can get off the train tonight and work out what I'm
> supposed to be doing at least I can go back in and taunt him :)
>

Certainly go back and take the michael, it's not hard to work out what you have to do, you'll see tonight.

Can't belive i got this game before alot of people, i always seam to be gettin game after anyone else, eg. i havn't played Getaway yet.

> Plus if anyone gets stuck, just ask Oasismark as he must be up around
> the 8 or 9 hours passed now.
>

Only around 6 hours, but sure, fee free to ask away, if your stuck, i spent a good hour searchin net for a bit i was completely stuck on.

> *wants to go home*
Thu 06/03/03 at 15:36
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
oasismark wrote:
> it's not hard to work out what you have to do, you'll see tonight.

Well even looking in the booklet I can see that you need to head towards the city, I haven't even played it yet but that was obvious ;)

> Can't belive i got this game before alot of people, i always seam to
> be gettin game after anyone else, eg. i havn't played Getaway yet.

Hehe....that's usually my luck, games I've preordered always turn up late and by that time everyones usually finished :)

> Only around 6 hours, but sure, fee free to ask away, if your stuck

Well no doubt I'll be back although I could be stuck on one part where your part was debris, well that's the way I've read this game anyway. Different parts crumbling at different times and giving multiple ways through the debris....well we'll find out tonight eh :)
Thu 06/03/03 at 16:17
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Jive wrote:
> oasismark wrote:
> it's not hard to work out what you have to do, you'll see tonight.
>
> Well even looking in the booklet I can see that you need to head
> towards the city, I haven't even played it yet but that was obvious
> ;)
>

Exactly!!!

> Can't belive i got this game before alot of people, i always seam to
> be gettin game after anyone else, eg. i havn't played Getaway yet.
>
> Hehe....that's usually my luck, games I've preordered always turn up
> late and by that time everyones usually finished :)
>
> Only around 6 hours, but sure, fee free to ask away, if your stuck
>
> Well no doubt I'll be back although I could be stuck on one part where
> your part was debris, well that's the way I've read this game anyway.
> Different parts crumbling at different times and giving multiple ways
> through the debris....well we'll find out tonight eh :)

Hmmmm, didn't know it was like that, i know you can take different pathes depending on decisions, like choseing who you go with. but dunno about falling buildings.
Thu 06/03/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
oasismark wrote:
> trying to find a way out, of the ever changing city. There's multiply pathways aswell, you play a different game depending on what choices you make, so it's got some reply value aswel.

You wrote that in your first post, I was just expanding on that for people who didn't read the whole topic ;)
Thu 06/03/03 at 17:05
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Jive wrote:
> oasismark wrote:
> trying to find a way out, of the ever changing city. There's multiply
> pathways aswell, you play a different game depending on what choices
> you make, so it's got some reply value aswel.
>
> You wrote that in your first post, I was just expanding on that for
> people who didn't read the whole topic ;)

Sorry, i ment pathways as in, at one point you can choose who you go with, as the group splits up.

Not actual pathways as in paths and roads, i would guess the crumbleing buildings are scripted, but i dunno, cos i'd need to play through it again.
Thu 06/03/03 at 17:22
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ah...I see what you mean.

Hopefully I'll be able to spend quite a lot of time on this tonight, will be leaving bang on time from work so should be home at about 6ish so will fire it up as soon as I get in.

Looks like another long night, four days in a row now...tut tut tut :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.