GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SOS: The Final Escape"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOS: The Final Escape'.
Mon 03/03/03 at 09:47
Regular
Anyone else got this game?

I heard about it months ago, it was out in japan and they was on about will it or won't it be out in uk.

Next thing i know, it's out in uk and called SOS: final escape.
So because of the great GAME 10 day return policy, i got it, and it's GREAT!!!!

I can't find ANY reviews ANYWHERE on the net, but i'd recommend it.
It plays kind of Res evil style but there's no zombies to kill, and your trapped on an island after an earthquake. rescueing people and trying to find a way out, of the ever changing city.

There's multiply pathways aswell, you play a different game depending on what choices you make, so it's got some reply value aswel.

good game, i'm just wondering about the size of the game, hopin it's not over to quickly cos it's good.
Mon 03/03/03 at 09:47
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Anyone else got this game?

I heard about it months ago, it was out in japan and they was on about will it or won't it be out in uk.

Next thing i know, it's out in uk and called SOS: final escape.
So because of the great GAME 10 day return policy, i got it, and it's GREAT!!!!

I can't find ANY reviews ANYWHERE on the net, but i'd recommend it.
It plays kind of Res evil style but there's no zombies to kill, and your trapped on an island after an earthquake. rescueing people and trying to find a way out, of the ever changing city.

There's multiply pathways aswell, you play a different game depending on what choices you make, so it's got some reply value aswel.

good game, i'm just wondering about the size of the game, hopin it's not over to quickly cos it's good.
Tue 04/03/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Damn, I saw a post about this a little while back, didn't even realise it was out.....game looked good with a different twist to the escape from situation genre. Sorry my mind has gone blank at the moment.

How long have you been playing it and how much longer do you think it'll take you to complete it?

Might just go and purchase this to tide me over till TR:AOD comes out.

See you've made it to Regular status after all this time. :)
Tue 04/03/03 at 12:41
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Heh....just done a search for the release date of this and apart from SR (who haven't even got it down for release), Play, Virgin, Streetsonline and Amazon all have this down for a 7th March release.

So Game are upto their usual tricks of lets release the game early?
Tue 04/03/03 at 13:24
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
There's a timer on your saves, so i know i've been playin it about 5 hours, but havn't got a clue how far i'm in or how far to go. A long time i hope cos it's a top game i think.

I am really stuck at the min though and i'm resisting the temptation of searching for the solution online.

There's a review over at gamesdomain.co.uk.

As for release date, i have no idea, it was only by chance that i looked at the back of the game box and recognised it. I looked at the front cover afew times before and didn't recognise it.
Tue 04/03/03 at 14:15
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ok, cheers for the quick reply.

Only thing is, I've promised myself not to buy any games from the highstreet stores so looks like I'll have to pre-order it. Might be a good time to renew my SR membership....oh hang on they're not stocking it.

Oh well their bad :)
Tue 04/03/03 at 14:38
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I'm kinda same, i don't like paying full high street prices, but i do like the 10 day returns policy. In fact if i complete the game before 10 days, i can take it back. :)

And i wouldn't have bought it if i couldn't return it, cos i hadn't read any reviews of it and it may have been crap.
Tue 04/03/03 at 15:20
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Hehe....both those statements make sense.

For me though I usually end up keeping my games and only buy if I'm sure I'll be playing for quite awhile. Plus I never complete a game within 10 days as I always get distracted by other things.

Right I'm off to find out who's the cheapest then excluding SR :)
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:14
Regular
I've pre-ordered this game for well over a month. Hope I like it. It should be out this Friday offically. I should have my copy on Thursday. It was soppose to be released a few weeks back, but took that while longer. Also SOS has been reveiwed all the PS2 mags over the past few months!
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:32
"period drama"
Yeah, Play had a review of it - it got 70-something%. Which means I probably won't be getting it.
I've got other games on my list, and not even enough money to afford those.

Balls
Wed 05/03/03 at 16:07
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Well I took a quick trip into my local Game at dinnertime, just curious to see if they had it out on the shelves and also how much. Not a sign of it anywhere and I couldn't be bothered to wait for the mongers behind the counter.

Ah well, just have to order it next week, I can wait :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.