GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone getting Phantasy Star Online tommorow?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Phantasy Star Online'.
Thu 06/03/03 at 15:32
Regular
Just wondering if anyone's getting and planning to use a 56k modem to play?

If you is let me know how it runs.

Apparently a certain other site has recieved shipment of the BB and modem adaptors so I'm guessing it'll be all up and running by tommorow.
Tue 11/03/03 at 16:58
Regular
"DS..."
lmao, thank you for your very casual insight into GC PSO pringle, but serously though, Phantasy Satr Online is a great game, as for the graphics they are no way comparable to N64 graphics as the basis for Episode 1 was taken from the Dreamcast version and has been improved upon and as a result Episode 1 graphics are of a reasonably good standard, NOW, when you play Episode 2 and get into the Real levels thats where the graphics really start to excel as it does also excel in similar detail in numerous online aspects such as the expansive world and the amazingly detailed lobbies.

As for the speed of the game your "friend" has obviously got the game running at 50Hertz (50Hz) and so of course it will run very slow HOWEVER! all you have to do is hold down the B button as soon as you turn on the gamecube and when it's finished loading the logo and the logo screen it will take you to a screen asking you if you want to display the game running at 60Hertz (60Hz) (providing youve been holding the button down up untill now) and you jus select yes and it will run at an incredibly fluid movement with no jerky framerates.

Also your friend has obviously chosen the Ranger which of course they can only use Guns mainly and yes you do have to stand still whilst using guns but thats the challenge, the Ranger is meant for PSO players who are confident with their gameplaying skills (e.g. those who have played the DC version to death) so choosing the RAcast or RAmar as his first chracter probably was'nt the smartest choice and I would recomend using a HUmar as your first character to your "friend" or anyone else who's new to the world of PSO.

Once you get the game ONLINE this is where it really excels in every department as you can form up to teams of 4 and go on quests, lvl up or play battle or challenge modes, you can also just hang around and chat in the literally hundereds of lobbies available online, so ask you can see there is this and a whole lot more once you get it online (not to meantion downloadable GBA games and additional quests) so it is a great game if you plan to play it Online and still a great on even if your not but either way if youve got the cash to spare it is a brilliantly realised game that youll find yourself playing for days, weeks, months and in some cases years on end as the gameplay and online elements make it magical.

I hope this has answered any questions and eliminated any doubts that you may have had about this truly brilliant game, and if you still find that you don't like it, then I honestly feel sorry for you, in any case I think youll see why its such a great game but first youve got to do one thing.... go and buy it!, you know it makes sense :)

slik ~_~
Tue 11/03/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Is PSO any good? My friend bought it the other day and started a new game on my gc at home. i wasnt really paying much atttention top it but from what i saw it looked increddibally rubbish! the graphics wree n64 equivalent and the speed of the character was so slow it was umberleaveable. he could only fire his gun standing still aswell. It dosnt seem that good but I was wondering if it starts to get going later on in the game? U know like in Majoras mask back on the 64. it started pretty poo having to go around for the first two hours as that crappy deku thing but after that it really got going.

is it a tribute to RPGS or is it just a flop?
I might get it if its good
Mon 10/03/03 at 17:04
Regular
"DS..."
dammit, need modem... now, gonna have to resort to getting one off ebay now because of Games ignorance and incompetance over the situation (see my other recent post in modems and stuff topic for full details)

slik ~_~
Mon 10/03/03 at 16:32
Regular
Ev][L~Dark wrote:

>
> Hoho so far i enjoy it, But i haven't gone onto the Online with it yet
> but i've been Enjoying the Benfits of Spilt Screen play, I'm Lucky to
> have 3 of my best freinds to be also Addicted to it also. Other wise
> one of the Elements of the Offline play would be Useless i guess...
>

What's with the crazy grammar?

Do you have a brain deficiency?
Mon 10/03/03 at 14:52
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Well, 2 days ago now i went out rushing to get Phantasy Star Online! :)

Hoho so far i enjoy it, But i haven't gone onto the Online with it yet but i've been Enjoying the Benfits of Spilt Screen play, I'm Lucky to have 3 of my best freinds to be also Addicted to it also. Other wise one of the Elements of the Offline play would be Useless i guess...

So how many other people went out and bought it then?
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:06
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Edgy wrote:
> Final Fantasy is an adventure series. Sure, it has RPG elements, but
> there's a large element of adventure too.
>
> Oh, and it's an Action series. There's plenty of Action in Final
> Fantasy.
>
> Oh, anyone remember Blitzball (sp?), it's also a sports title!
>
> Quite frankly, I don't give a monkeys what genre people consider
> different games to be. Sure, I stand by my choice of catagorising
> Zelda as an RPG. After all, you play the role of Link in The Legend of
> Zelda games. But that doesn't mean I give two hoots about what the
> others of you think The Legend of Zelda games should be catagorised
> at.
>
> Is it really important?
>
> No, after all, a game is just as good/bad no matter what catagory its
> in.

Give the man a banana! It doesn't matter one whit what game Zelda is classed as. You're all going to buy it anyway, so it's a moot point.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:01
Regular
Final Fantasy is an adventure series. Sure, it has RPG elements, but there's a large element of adventure too.

Oh, and it's an Action series. There's plenty of Action in Final Fantasy.

Oh, anyone remember Blitzball (sp?), it's also a sports title!

Quite frankly, I don't give a monkeys what genre people consider different games to be. Sure, I stand by my choice of catagorising Zelda as an RPG. After all, you play the role of Link in The Legend of Zelda games. But that doesn't mean I give two hoots about what the others of you think The Legend of Zelda games should be catagorised at.

Is it really important?

No, after all, a game is just as good/bad no matter what catagory its in.
Sun 09/03/03 at 18:40
Regular
½pint wrote:
> idiot

Whos that aimed at? I only just joined this arguement.
Sun 09/03/03 at 18:39
Regular
"¬_¬"
Zelda's a fricking adventure game. Get yer facts straight. There are NO stats, ergo not RPG.

idiot
Sun 09/03/03 at 18:37
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> enough

As we can see here, this is a prime example of those gerrids one worded posts moments....

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.