GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MORE runours of Launch delays...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/12/01 at 19:48
Regular
The games industry's UK trade mag has once again shed doubt on the launch of the cube...

Basically it all comes down to "if it doesn't make it in March, we might have to wait till Septemeber"!?!??!?!

Now, before everyon has a riot saying "it's not true! It's just NOT true", I'd like to point out how many of Ninty's other products have been delayed, or even canned.

The N64 was delayed 3 times.
Zelda OTT was delayed by somethign like 7 months!
The 64DD was hyped to be the best thing ever... then launched very quietly in Japan only.

And now Ninty have missed an Xmas launch in Europe... shunning European gamers again???

Well, I doubt it is going to be delayed myslef... otherwise Ninty might as well miss Europe all together- after all, if Ninty's hardcore fans leave the cause, then the console will do shockingly!

Sonic
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:17
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I was gonna wait till release to decide, but I only have enough for a GC anyway! lol... so I'll save up, get a second hand GC

Sonic
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:15
Regular
I agree, how you can dismiss a console without having played any games on it, shows a very narrow mind. I have a PS2 and I am going to get either a Gamecube or a Xbox. But I will wait until they are released, go into myt local game store and try them out and decide an the line up og games which one I want to own.
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:11
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Ace_greg wrote:
> ===SONICRAV---> wrote:
What a narrow minded, pathetically biased view

Is
> that because you want an X-Box (I read in one of the other topics).

On the contrary, I have a PS2, and am going to buy a GC.

However, for someone to be stupid enough to say that "the future is black under the xbox" and be completely ignorant to the console's great games, and excellent market strategy is just pathetically biased.

I bet this guy thinks that N64 blew the PSx away too!

Sonic
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:08
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:

Is that because you want an X-Box (I read in one of the other topics).
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:06
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Weird Wonder wrote:
> Runours?? Anyway I was reading Games Master magazine and it has a list of when
> games come out. It had all the names of the x-box games coming out in March but
> not one Gamecube game., not even in the TBA column.

Well, read a credible games mag then!

The future is black the
> future is X-box and I don't think anyone wants that. (Unless there one of the
> idiots whose gonna buy an X-box)(Stupid people are they). =B0)

Sonic
Sat 29/12/01 at 17:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
They probably haven't printed the dates because the launch date hasn't been announced yet. And what if they di say March, but it was later?? Nintendo wouldn't like someone else telling everyone when the date will roughly be. And many games, including some launch titles are probably still being made. So there's no definite answer to what will be available.
Sat 29/12/01 at 08:45
Regular
""
Runours?? Anyway I was reading Games Master magazine and it has a list of when games come out. It had all the names of the x-box games coming out in March but not one Gamecube game., not even in the TBA column. The future is black the future is X-box and I don't think anyone wants that. (Unless there one of the idiots whose gonna buy an X-box)(Stupid people are they). =B0)
Fri 28/12/01 at 20:51
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Sorry I couldn't really be too bothered to read many of the posts! Just saw the title and got annoyed by the fact that someone created a topic about "MORE" delays etc.!

:D
Fri 28/12/01 at 20:38
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Solskjaer_24 wrote:
> Sorry, it was late so I basically skim-read the post. But the success of the
> GameCube shouldn't rely on it's launch! Many greater titles came out later for
> the N64, and the same will probably happen with the Cube. And what about the
> X-box, it's launch titles could be even greater than it's future releases,
> making it less than a success! Only time will tell.

Ah, but like it or not, consoles' launches affect their future a LOT more than they should- if a console has a great launch then people will remember that console as the one to buy.

It's like saying that only games should sell console... true, but in reality advertising is more important!

Oh, and Cooky, did you pay any attention to my original post? Not only did I say that the delay probably won't happen, but I also indicated that the topic was not about the launch delay happening... just aboutn how Ninty's past history of delays will affect customer loyalty.

Sonic
Fri 28/12/01 at 18:56
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
What I was trying to say yesterday but couldn't post, was that it's STUPID to think that the Gamecube Europe launch will be delayed till September! Only a MONKEY would beleive such STUPIDITY! You may say that "Oooooo he's a stupid Nintendo fan who wouldn't like to hear bad news!" But NO! It's the fact that other consoles may have been delayed, yes! But not by a whole YEAR! If that was to happen then there would be like 50 launch titles! Hmmm doesn't seem to make much sence to me!

TRUST ME! The Gamecube WILL be released around March!!!

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.