GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MORE runours of Launch delays...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/12/01 at 19:48
Regular
The games industry's UK trade mag has once again shed doubt on the launch of the cube...

Basically it all comes down to "if it doesn't make it in March, we might have to wait till Septemeber"!?!??!?!

Now, before everyon has a riot saying "it's not true! It's just NOT true", I'd like to point out how many of Ninty's other products have been delayed, or even canned.

The N64 was delayed 3 times.
Zelda OTT was delayed by somethign like 7 months!
The 64DD was hyped to be the best thing ever... then launched very quietly in Japan only.

And now Ninty have missed an Xmas launch in Europe... shunning European gamers again???

Well, I doubt it is going to be delayed myslef... otherwise Ninty might as well miss Europe all together- after all, if Ninty's hardcore fans leave the cause, then the console will do shockingly!

Sonic
Sat 05/01/02 at 13:15
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Hating to pop my own topic, but what is going on?!?!?1

Loads of publishers have come out saying they expect a September release for the Cube, Ninty Europe, when phoned by mags, have NO IDEA when the box is being launched... they won't even say "Spring"... it's Ninty Japan who are saying that!

If we don't hear bu the end of the month, there's no way retailers would have enough time to launch before April at the earliest..

Sonic
Thu 03/01/02 at 22:38
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Sibs, what is it with your completely random comments?

Sonic
Thu 03/01/02 at 21:23
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:

Anyway, Sibs, casual gamers are also swayed by wanting the
> "newest technology" and adverts... so once Xbox starts the ad
> campaign, they'll be fine.

Sonic

Damn Dirty Casual Gamers...
;-)
Thu 03/01/02 at 20:39
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, Europe now makes more money for the games industry than anywhere else in the world!

Ninty have been complacent in the past about relying on the hardcore European fans, and younger audience to buy the console... and if they mess up the GC launch they could seriously jeoparise that audience!

Sonic
Thu 03/01/02 at 08:59
Regular
"not dead"
Before Xmas Nintendo said they were looking at April/May for the European release.

They also promised a solid date would be given in January.

Given the wealth of development talent in Europe these days it would make good business sense to show a commitment to the European market.
Wed 02/01/02 at 21:49
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Solskjaer_24 wrote:
> And how is the 12th of April 2 months after the 15th of March??? Surely it's
> just over one month and nowhere near 2! But remember that date is just a RUMOUR.
> It still could be March!!

Well, despite doing a triple maths A level (yep.. 3 a levels in maths), I still can't subtract....

Anyway, Sibs, casual gamers are also swayed by wanting the "newest technology" and adverts... so once Xbox starts the ad campaign, they'll be fine.

Sonic
Wed 02/01/02 at 11:08
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I doubt it's gonna make too much difference, because all the casual gamers with the money went out and got them a PS2, I doubt many will want another console, and if they do they probably won't want the Xbox at £300 when they already paid a similar price for their shiny new PS2s. Hardcore gamers aren't gonna be swayed in their opinion by one month, so as long as Ninty release in Spring as promised, they'll still have support from hardcore fanbase.

Casual gamers who have yet to buy a new console would be more likely to get the PS2 or GC over the Xbox just because of the price tag (unless of course they are loaded).

But all that is based on me attempting to analyse how people will spend, so it is pretty unreliable. Anyway, Ninty should just get the GC out as soon as possible, even if I won't be getting one till Summer (after my GCSE exams).

Damn Dirty Exams...
Wed 02/01/02 at 10:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
And how is the 12th of April 2 months after the 15th of March??? Surely it's just over one month and nowhere near 2! But remember that date is just a RUMOUR. It still could be March!!
Wed 02/01/02 at 10:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Come to think of it....have any of you actually seen an X-box advert in any form??? I've seen one or two Cube ones but NOTHING about the X-box! Maybe both companies feel that everyone already knows about each console, and maybe there'll be more adverts when the Cube's launch date is announced.

I also have the same problem as Starfex, with AS exams.
Tue 01/01/02 at 21:45
Regular
It'll be Spring sometime.

It doesn't make a difference to me.
I can't play on mine until AFTER my AS exams in June.

It's all for the best I suppose...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.