GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MORE runours of Launch delays...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/12/01 at 19:48
Regular
The games industry's UK trade mag has once again shed doubt on the launch of the cube...

Basically it all comes down to "if it doesn't make it in March, we might have to wait till Septemeber"!?!??!?!

Now, before everyon has a riot saying "it's not true! It's just NOT true", I'd like to point out how many of Ninty's other products have been delayed, or even canned.

The N64 was delayed 3 times.
Zelda OTT was delayed by somethign like 7 months!
The 64DD was hyped to be the best thing ever... then launched very quietly in Japan only.

And now Ninty have missed an Xmas launch in Europe... shunning European gamers again???

Well, I doubt it is going to be delayed myslef... otherwise Ninty might as well miss Europe all together- after all, if Ninty's hardcore fans leave the cause, then the console will do shockingly!

Sonic
Tue 01/01/02 at 21:39
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
April?!?!?!?

Well, all the Ninty's were SOOO sure it wouldn't be after MArch eh!

Anyway, isn't that 2 months after the xbox's release. Now, because it's so far away, Ninty won't advertise the GC before the Xbox is released, meaning the Xbox has a whal of a time in post xmas shopping!

Sonic
Tue 01/01/02 at 19:08
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Incase you haven't heard, there's a rumour going around that the launch date will be the 12th Aprill 2002. But this HASN'T been announced by Nintendo and is just an 'internet RUMOUR'!! It's just something I heard on GameNetwork and thought you'd be interested to know.
Mon 31/12/01 at 23:51
Yes, and the fast loading times do appeal to me.
Mon 31/12/01 at 23:25
Regular
Yeah, but carts and the N64 being hard to make games for didn't exactly ease things.

I think that Nintendo have amended most of these problems.
Sun 30/12/01 at 23:06
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
There's a lot more to the N64's lack of third party games... like ninty refusing companies development rights etc etc...

I may write a topic on it

sonic
Sun 30/12/01 at 21:26
Regular
The N64 was bad to devellop for being very hard.
It was nearly as bad as the PS2 is now.

That's the main reason for the delays.

As for the launch, unless something seriously drastic goes wrong it'll be spring.
I think that Nintendo will get by on it's hardcore fans leaving more units for mr casual at Christmas.

Ofcourse, if Nintendo do miss Spring then I'll either import or possibly buy something else.
Either way, if they screw up like that, Europe is as good as lost to them.
Sat 29/12/01 at 23:31
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Tony_Blair wrote:
> i've had enough of TBA EVERYWHERE ninty related

Why, oh why are all your comments meaningless one liners?!?

Sonic
Sat 29/12/01 at 22:26
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
i've had enough of TBA EVERYWHERE ninty related
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:31
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Ace_greg wrote:
> No I have a playstation (well my sister has it now) thanx Sonic. And I never
> said that you were being bias, I just asked a question. Because in the other
> topic you said X-Box is best, how do you know, have you played it already?

NO! My comments about biasism were not aimed at you, but at Weird Wonder...

Appologies for the confussion!

Sonic
Sat 29/12/01 at 19:28
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
No I have a playstation (well my sister has it now) thanx Sonic. And I never said that you were being bias, I just asked a question. Because in the other topic you said X-Box is best, how do you know, have you played it already?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.