GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MORE runours of Launch delays...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/12/01 at 19:48
Regular
The games industry's UK trade mag has once again shed doubt on the launch of the cube...

Basically it all comes down to "if it doesn't make it in March, we might have to wait till Septemeber"!?!??!?!

Now, before everyon has a riot saying "it's not true! It's just NOT true", I'd like to point out how many of Ninty's other products have been delayed, or even canned.

The N64 was delayed 3 times.
Zelda OTT was delayed by somethign like 7 months!
The 64DD was hyped to be the best thing ever... then launched very quietly in Japan only.

And now Ninty have missed an Xmas launch in Europe... shunning European gamers again???

Well, I doubt it is going to be delayed myslef... otherwise Ninty might as well miss Europe all together- after all, if Ninty's hardcore fans leave the cause, then the console will do shockingly!

Sonic
Wed 26/12/01 at 19:48
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
The games industry's UK trade mag has once again shed doubt on the launch of the cube...

Basically it all comes down to "if it doesn't make it in March, we might have to wait till Septemeber"!?!??!?!

Now, before everyon has a riot saying "it's not true! It's just NOT true", I'd like to point out how many of Ninty's other products have been delayed, or even canned.

The N64 was delayed 3 times.
Zelda OTT was delayed by somethign like 7 months!
The 64DD was hyped to be the best thing ever... then launched very quietly in Japan only.

And now Ninty have missed an Xmas launch in Europe... shunning European gamers again???

Well, I doubt it is going to be delayed myslef... otherwise Ninty might as well miss Europe all together- after all, if Ninty's hardcore fans leave the cause, then the console will do shockingly!

Sonic
Wed 26/12/01 at 21:12
Regular
Gamecube has already been delayed enough. N64 was launched in spring 97, so i'm fairly certain Gamecube will follow suit. Or are Nintendo scared the x-box will steal the Gamecubes thunder? Maybe a delayed launch could be better in that aspect.
Wed 26/12/01 at 23:33
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
doubt it, cos Ninty will be looking to try and steal Xboxes thunder. Anyway, Ninty said spring, and they NEVER lie!

;-)
Thu 27/12/01 at 00:23
Regular
Thing is, Microsoft have a much larger marketing budget for thier console...and so The Gamecube could be left in its shadow.

Stupid as it may sound, some people still dont know what a gamecube is.
Thu 27/12/01 at 00:38
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Sibs wrote:
> doubt it, cos Ninty will be looking to try and steal Xboxes thunder. Anyway,
> Ninty said spring, and they NEVER lie!

;-)

lol... when Ninty talks about their loyal following, this is what they mean!

Sonic
Thu 27/12/01 at 09:21
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Thing is, Microsoft have a much larger marketing budget for thier console...and
> so The Gamecube could be left in its shadow.

Stupid as it may sound, some
> people still dont know what a gamecube is.

Well my brother didn't even know what an X Box is until he saw me writing the words the other day
Thu 27/12/01 at 12:29
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
more people know about Xbox simply beause it has all those new magazines here in the UK which are Xbox exclusives, and multi format ones cover it too. The GC has some mags too, but people just see 'another Nintendo mag' and don't pay any attention to the fact that it is about a new console.

Also, MS is the 'new kid on the block' and is therefore getting quite a lot of attention. And it has money to burn basically, so of course its gonna have a huge marketting budget compared to GC. But if anything, this should make Ninty get the console out faster, they'll want to stop MS before they get momentum going, and take some of the thunder out of their launch.
Thu 27/12/01 at 19:21
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, the xbox has a marketting budget of 500million... possibly more than Ninty is worth!

Sonic
Thu 27/12/01 at 19:34
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
(Tony_Blair just stares at this piece of news with a very blank and expressionless face)
Thu 27/12/01 at 19:45
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
cxgasfd

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.