GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Gaming Chat - the latest and greatest (and the rest)..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/11 at 10:42
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to Freeola's Daily Gaming Chat!
Post your Gaming gossip and comments here...

Overheard

...Super Mario Land 3D reviews have scored higher (from IGN and EuroGamer at least) than both MW3 and BF3.

*Remember...*
You can Win Free Games here on Freeola just by chatting, reviewing or adding game cheats and walkthroughs!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Page:
Wed 01/02/12 at 19:12
Regular
"Monochromatic"
McLong wrote:
I seem to recall you saying you're a fan of Metal Gear Solid? If so, the Metal Gear Solid - HD collection is getting released on Friday, which includes HD remakes of MGS 2, 3* & Peacewalker. All for about £28.

That'll do thanks. I'd forgotten it was coming out after they delayed it at Christmas.
I wouldn't buy Uncharted 3 as I haven't played the 2nd one yet. First was ok but didn't wow me.
Wed 01/02/12 at 17:26
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah I'm done with Arkham City as well and there's nothing I'm all that interested in at the moment. Might have a look at Soul Calibur 5 or SSX at some point but I'm not willing to pay anymore than £15ish for either of them and I'm quite happy to wait. SSX is EA so it will be 'protected' with an online pass so that will drop in price like a stone and beat em ups never hold their money.

Nin, aren't you a PS3 owner?, if so have you tried Uncharted 3? I haven't played it myself but a couple of my mates have and they loved it. Just thought I'd mention it as you could probably do a swap for BAC (give or take a few quid).
Wed 01/02/12 at 12:28
Regular
Nin wrote:
Can anyone suggest a game worth buying or coming out soon? I'm trading in Arkham City but can't see anything obvious to swap it for. No FPS, fighters or anything that can be completed in a weekend.

I seem to recall you saying you're a fan of Metal Gear Solid? If so, the Metal Gear Solid - HD collection is getting released on Friday, which includes HD remakes of MGS 2, 3* & Peacewalker. All for about £28.

If you want to refresh your memory on the storyline from MGS1, it's available for a few quid on the PSN store, all in all costing about £30-35 for a bunch of awesome Metal Gear games.

If I'm mistaken and you've never mentioned anything about liking MGS then please completely disregard this post.

* MGS3 is in fact the 'Subsistence' version, which means it also includes the retro MG and MG2 games.
Wed 01/02/12 at 11:55
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Can anyone suggest a game worth buying or coming out soon? I'm trading in Arkham City but can't see anything obvious to swap it for. No FPS, fighters or anything that can be completed in a weekend.
Tue 31/01/12 at 18:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks for that pb and pete, will fire up Steam and activate 'download' :¬) Give me something else to do ... BF3 (online) is beginning to .......
Tue 31/01/12 at 16:56
Regular
"I like turtles"
It's good fun on the 360 DL, certainly can't complain for nowt.
Tue 31/01/12 at 16:09
"possibly impossible"
Dragonlance wrote:
A friend 'gifted' me L4D2 on Steam just before Christmas. Any thoughts about the game?

It's great and gets another tick from me for working on Mac. Not so good if you're playing with the computer AI, but a fantastic group game.
Tue 31/01/12 at 14:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
A friend 'gifted' me L4D2 on Steam just before Christmas. Any thoughts about the game?
Mon 30/01/12 at 13:29
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hmm, than and the way finances are looking at the moment I may give it a miss.

On the Star Wars theme, I'm sort of liking the way the kinect game is being advertised. Very funny. May be convinced to get that eventually!

Anybody else beta testing Gotham City Imposters?
Mon 30/01/12 at 08:40
Regular
"I like turtles"
HM wrote:
As for the Phantom Menace, think I will watch it. I actually enjoyed it (first star wars film I ever watched) and did say to my partner "we're watching that"...

Don't be too surprised though if your good lady is not speaking to you after being subjected to a George Lucas 2 hour toy commercial. My mate is the biggest Star Wars geek on the planet (usually wears AT-AT/Millenium Falcon Haynes manual T-shirts etc.) and he actually flew over to the US just to see The Phantom Menace (it came out over there about 2 months earlier and he couldn't wait). To this day I still remember the look on his face as I asked what it was like, it will haunt me to the day I die! :)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.