GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Gaming Chat - the latest and greatest (and the rest)..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/11 at 10:42
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to Freeola's Daily Gaming Chat!
Post your Gaming gossip and comments here...

Overheard

...Super Mario Land 3D reviews have scored higher (from IGN and EuroGamer at least) than both MW3 and BF3.

*Remember...*
You can Win Free Games here on Freeola just by chatting, reviewing or adding game cheats and walkthroughs!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Page:
Fri 07/10/16 at 10:20
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
Yeah, that's the ticket!

I think the first time I played it through it was a bit of a lurch to accept jumping from Booker to Elizabeth, but the ending is worth it. Played it through several times since, and it just gets better; I find myself concentrating on the story more, picking up on the bits I missed the first time round, which kind of fills in some of the blanks.

Don't expect it all to be wrapped up with a nice neat bow though, not the Bioshock way at all...

I'm going to go back through the collection once I'm done and replay it while it is all fresh in my head. And attempt to find all of those audio logs.
Fri 07/10/16 at 09:29
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Your words were haunting me last night so I popped on for a quick half hour. I must have had my game on (or whatever the cool kids say) last night as I was much better and actually made some progress. I shall make sure I find time to keep going with it, I can feel it pulling me back in now.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

I think the first time I played it through it was a bit of a lurch to accept jumping from Booker to Elizabeth, but the ending is worth it. Played it through several times since, and it just gets better; I find myself concentrating on the story more, picking up on the bits I missed the first time round, which kind of fills in some of the blanks.

Don't expect it all to be wrapped up with a nice neat bow though, not the Bioshock way at all...
Fri 07/10/16 at 09:17
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
NOOOOO!!! You gotta see the end, you gotta see the end, you gotta see the end!

Don't leave it!!

Your words were haunting me last night so I popped on for a quick half hour. I must have had my game on (or whatever the cool kids say) last night as I was much better and actually made some progress. I shall make sure I find time to keep going with it, I can feel it pulling me back in now.
Thu 06/10/16 at 15:14
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
Ooh... Hendrix mode, why haven't I got that?

Seeing it in 4K would just blow your mind.
Thu 06/10/16 at 14:42
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
I did have a rather entertaining glitch ever last night. I booted up Infinite and I noticed the 2K logo looked a bit off. The main menu starts and I can only describe it as having a psychedelic filter applied. It was way too far out for me so I restarted and normal service resumed.

Ooh... Hendrix mode, why haven't I got that?
Thu 06/10/16 at 14:34
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
Don't recall it being like that in either the main game or the DLC... odd...

I did have a rather entertaining glitch ever last night. I booted up Infinite and I noticed the 2K logo looked a bit off. The main menu starts and I can only describe it as having a psychedelic filter applied. It was way too far out for me so I restarted and normal service resumed.
Thu 06/10/16 at 11:34
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
It will only be parked for a few days. But based on last night's performance, the end is a looooong way off.

Actually, one thing that annoyed me about Episode one was the one hit shield removal. Perhaps it was like that in the main game but I certainly seemed to notice it more. It felt like I was often hiding as I had no shield or health.

Don't recall it being like that in either the main game or the DLC... odd...
Thu 06/10/16 at 11:18
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:

Don't leave it!!

It will only be parked for a few days. But based on last night's performance, the end is a looooong way off.

Actually, one thing that annoyed me about Episode one was the one hit shield removal. Perhaps it was like that in the main game but I certainly seemed to notice it more. It felt like I was often hiding as I had no shield or health.
Thu 06/10/16 at 11:02
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Burial at Sea Episode 1 completed. I liked that one. Episode 2 I am not so sure of so far. I am not taking too well to the stealth approach. I think I need to use the invisibility aspect to the plasmid rather than the 'see through walls' as my stealth is appalling.

This one may need to take a back seat for a few days though as pb has given me a deadline for a review. He is soooooo demanding.

Don't leave it!!
Thu 06/10/16 at 09:29
Regular
"And in last place.."
Burial at Sea Episode 1 completed. I liked that one. Episode 2 I am not so sure of so far. I am not taking too well to the stealth approach. I think I need to use the invisibility aspect to the plasmid rather than the 'see through walls' as my stealth is appalling.

This one may need to take a back seat for a few days though as pb has given me a deadline for a review. He is soooooo demanding.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.