GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Megaupload/ Game Downloaded From Torrent- Please help!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/07/07 at 19:44
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Does anyone know a site with a list of songs avaliable ot download using Megaupload? I've been surfing the web looking for songs from Editors album but I could only find one track. Help!
Fri 06/07/07 at 17:45
"LOLLERSKATES!"
MJ wrote:
> Indeed it is Shooby. The only bad point is that no one leeches
> and everyone seeds which makes it hard to get your ratio up
> unless you upload your own cd's. I haven't done that yet and I'm
> just about scraping by with a ratio of 0.315 at the moment.
>
> Biggie they're .vob .iso and .bup yeah? Get a program called VLC
> media player, put all the files in one folder and use VLC media
> players "open directory" thing and it'll play.
>
> [edit] The speed is determined by how many people are seeding so
> always look for a file with the most seeders, also good to see
> how many people have completed the download to ensure its legit.

Yeah I went for the one with the most seeders.

There's a boy at school I get on with who just goes on these torrent sites all the time. He's on lots of invitation only ones, and I think his ratio is 2.8, which when he explained to me what it was, I was pretty impressed. This guy is a bit of a wiz though, not in a nerdy way. He used that tjhing were you go on Run and type in CMD and got like a dot animation of Star Wars: A New Hope to come up :O

It makes my school a bit iditoic as I think he's the only one who knows what a Torrent is and everyone else, like I used to, just uses Limewire.
Fri 06/07/07 at 17:38
Regular
Indeed it is Shooby. The only bad point is that no one leeches and everyone seeds which makes it hard to get your ratio up unless you upload your own cd's. I haven't done that yet and I'm just about scraping by with a ratio of 0.315 at the moment.

Biggie they're .vob .iso and .bup yeah? Get a program called VLC media player, put all the files in one folder and use VLC media players "open directory" thing and it'll play.

[edit] The speed is determined by how many people are seeding so always look for a file with the most seeders, also good to see how many people have completed the download to ensure its legit.
Fri 06/07/07 at 17:36
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Thanks, I had already clicked stop instinctively and removed the task. Since then, i've had trouble connecting to an Arctic Monkeys album, but as it's started to work again as i'm typing :) Albeit at a mind-boggling 12kb/s :(

I'm going to stick to music though, I downloaded Crank a while back from Demonoid and it was a zipped folder with about 30 files none of which my computer recognised. I'm using Mininova by the way.
Fri 06/07/07 at 17:34
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Ah yes, was just discussing that the other day with a friend at a gig. It's as good as it's reputation then?
Fri 06/07/07 at 17:31
Regular
I've only used one but its pretty widely recognised as one of if not the best private trackers for music (thats all its for) and thats OiNK.
Fri 06/07/07 at 17:23
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
So whats the best private torrent tracker for muzak out there?
Fri 06/07/07 at 17:13
Regular
The main trouble for me was after my first year of uni I got impatient. Having a Direct Connect server set up internally on the uni network was awesome, could get a song in like half a second as it was 10mb/s transfer, lovely. How I miss that network!
Fri 06/07/07 at 17:11
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
That's odd, I've never had any problems with it, but indeed a private torrent tracker is the way to go.
Fri 06/07/07 at 17:09
Regular
I used to like soulseek until it went crap, just refused to download any legal files for me. Private torrent sites if you can get invited are the way forward, took a while but its worth it.
Fri 06/07/07 at 17:06
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Soulseek?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.