GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Megaupload/ Game Downloaded From Torrent- Please help!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/07/07 at 19:44
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Does anyone know a site with a list of songs avaliable ot download using Megaupload? I've been surfing the web looking for songs from Editors album but I could only find one track. Help!
Wed 11/07/07 at 18:44
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Well, i've got the game working, but it said file not found, and some very basic low level gme thing comes up, that blatantly isn't the game I downloaded. I'm going to throw everything into the no-cd folder and see what happens.
Wed 11/07/07 at 18:39
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I didn't do that, but what I did do is find the f1system file, I move it to the No-CD file, and then it came up with the same thing, this time with ldata/english.str - I found that, moved that to the folder, but the game still won't play :S

EDIT: Ok, I sorted that out, i moved the entire ldata folder in and it worked. Now it says unable to find file fdata/f_11.aaf

The error box that comes up, I can;t even click on it, it just stays there in the middle of the page :S
Wed 11/07/07 at 18:34
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
For 2, you need to navigate into the directory in which you installed the game, which at a guess is C:/Program Files/Microprose/Grand Prix 3/
and back up the existing gp3.exe (well, rename it to 1gp3.exe or something), then copy and paste the gp3 from the nocd thing into that directory.

Though maybe from your last message, you've got that far?
Wed 11/07/07 at 18:26
"LOLLERSKATES!"
It now says 'Cannot find f1system.txt' oplease re-install. This seems to be a common problem as I googled it and quite a few people have had the same problem, although I couldn't find a solution :(
Wed 11/07/07 at 18:04
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I tried downloading another No-CD patch and the same thing happened...
Wed 11/07/07 at 17:49
"LOLLERSKATES!"
1.Install the game (Full installation)
2.Copy the GP3.exe from the archive into the Microprse\Grand Prix 3
replacing Gp3.exe
3.Play the game

Well they were the instructions. I don't know what to do for number 2. Man i'm an idiot!

I wish you could do this for me.

I tried to open that file, and it comes up with the..

'This application failed to start because the BINKW32.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem'.

where would I find the No-CD patch?
Wed 11/07/07 at 17:30
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Uh well you can try fiddling with the safedisc etc checks somewhere in Daemon tools if you like but it sounds like all you really need to do is apply the no-CD patch (but make sure it's for the same version as your game).
Wed 11/07/07 at 17:20
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Yeah I downloaded it, I mounted the image, now when I open the game up I get a screen for the game, and then the 'cannot find CD' comes up again. When I right click on Daemon Tools, under virtual Cd rom I get:

mount image
eject tray
unmount images
set device parameters.
Wed 11/07/07 at 17:09
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
There are two versions. I'm guessing you downloaded the 64 bit, try the 32 bit version.
Wed 11/07/07 at 17:07
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I tried to install daemon tools but it says 'platform not supported'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.