GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola ADSL Official Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/12/01 at 18:31
Regular
Hi guys,

Freeola is planning an ADSL launch in the new year. I would appreciate it if could post any comments as to what you'd like to see with this service.

If you are having a particularly good or bad time with an existing provider then tell us what impresses or annoys you and we'll try and incorporate as much as possible into our own offering.

What do you currently pay and is it monthly, quarterly or all up-front.

Does your current provider block certain ports?

Does it go very slow at night?

Look forward to reading your comments.

Danny Corder
Freeola Manager
Thu 20/12/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Hi guys,

Freeola is planning an ADSL launch in the new year. I would appreciate it if could post any comments as to what you'd like to see with this service.

If you are having a particularly good or bad time with an existing provider then tell us what impresses or annoys you and we'll try and incorporate as much as possible into our own offering.

What do you currently pay and is it monthly, quarterly or all up-front.

Does your current provider block certain ports?

Does it go very slow at night?

Look forward to reading your comments.

Danny Corder
Freeola Manager
Thu 20/12/01 at 18:39
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
What do I want from your ADSL service? Fast gaming (with low pings) and constantly high download speeds for large files (100mb+).
Also, a bit cheaper that what I pay currently would be nice (£40 a month for Eclipse ADSL).
Thu 20/12/01 at 19:16
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
A wider availability for us living in the middle of nowhere would be nice - I can't get BT, NTL or, well, anything other than a bog standard dial up... although I guess that kind of thing is a bit out of your control. Worth an ask though... :o)
Thu 20/12/01 at 20:01
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
If you can't get ADSL, how much would a permanent connection (via an 0800 number) be worth to you? Consider that if you used ISDN you'd effectively have a 64K leased line. Sadly it's not as cheap as ADSL though.

Danny
Thu 20/12/01 at 20:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hey Tony, wassup?

Anyway...

24/7 0800 is worth £12.99 to me with no cutoff.

As for ADSL....

I'd expect 512kbps, downloads at 80kbps minimum, stable connections, low downtime, all for <= £24.99. Also, if you'd get it in Little Ribston it'd be great :)

Also, access to Freeola webspace would be nice, because using dialup is a pain. It's not that Freeola's not good, it's just that we get our net on a cheaper deal and I have to disconnect, connect, upload, disconnect and then reconnect. It's a bit annoying. So... that'd be a must. I am extremely interested in Freeola's ADSL deal, basically because I know it will be quality and I know it'll be cheap. So, if it's available in my area you've got yourself a customer!
Thu 20/12/01 at 20:35
Regular
So Turbo, you only want 10 KBps?

That's not very fast.

Or did you mean 80KBps in the first place?
Thu 20/12/01 at 20:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Aww, don't get into that annoying K/kbps argument. I want 80KBps, as in kilobytes.
Thu 20/12/01 at 20:41
Regular
Sorry, I was just being pedantic.

:-)
Thu 20/12/01 at 20:44
Regular
"How Handy."
Defo got a customer here if its £25ish, or slightly higher. I want a decent connection for a decent price, currently looking at cable so if this is cheaper then I'll definelty go down this route. As far as I know BTO and the like are available round here so that isnt a problem, but like I say, cheap and fast and you've got yourself a customer here.
Thu 20/12/01 at 20:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Your Honour wrote:
> Sorry, I was just being pedantic.

As always!

So, how's things in the FOG? Anything interesting going on? Newbies still destroying it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.