GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSW reviews"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 10:58
Regular
I have to say that PSW reveiws are not good and some how biased, I'm sure most of you have read the Metal Gear Solid 2 review and they gave it 9 out of 10 and the guess what they give the PAL code of Devil May Cry, a 10 out of 10.

I think Metal Gear Solid 2 deserved a 10 out of 10 because for one it has no black borders like the PAL Devil May Cry and its a far better game, so if Metal Gear Solid 2 got a 9 out of 10 then Devil May Cry should have got far less becaue of a srap conversion.

Or did PSW get freebies from Capcom and none from Konami
Wed 19/12/01 at 19:46
Regular
We will have to wait you Febuary 22nd to find out if its any good or not.

its certainly the most hyped in history
Wed 19/12/01 at 19:41
Regular
"Whatever!"
I must admit I was quite surprised with MGS2 only getting 9/10 - I thought it was a banker 10/10, 100% game!!
Still I have no doubts it will be the best game ever once its out!!
Wed 19/12/01 at 19:32
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Dont forget that PSW are an independent magazine so they do not depend on anyone and they will not "go out of favour with games companies" if they express their honest opinion about a game. The only bad point about this is that sometimes people who prefer Driving games have to review say fighting games..will not be as interested towards the games. And some are likely to be biased about the certain genres.

But I do think that PSM2 have got the best reviews out of all the magazines
Wed 19/12/01 at 19:23
Regular
i used to get PSW but they are not good reviews any imore they dont give you the facts completely.

How can they give a game top marks? in a couple of years every game 10/10 based on that.

OPS2 have done a good job and not given full marks yet
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:30
I think the scores are probably fair. DMC is fantastic and the only "complaints" I've heard are to do with the games length, but most say its soooo good you'll want to play it time and again. Or the borders, personally, I'll not let borders affect my view of a game. I've got DMC and the borders don't bothr me one bit.

MGS2 on the other hand has been so overhyped that we're all expecting it to sweep 11/10 easily. But now its been released people have MINOR complaints, like plot issues and amount and length of cut scenes, but overall they still say the game is a complete must, hence 9/10.

However, your argument is based purely on borders. You've stated that MGS2 is an amazing game, though you've not played it (biased). And that DMC shouldn't have scored better than it - because its got borders. Not cause there's anything wrong with the game but because as usual the conversion is poor.

I'm sorry, yes you are entitled to hold that opinion. But do borders really bother you that much? And the fact that the PSW reviewer was not fussed with the borders offends you?

Have you even played DMC?
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:21
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> yes, apparently so.

did you not read the apology though?
I kinda posted at the same time as you so I hadnt seen your apology

your reasoning
> does suck a bit though, don't you think?

No it doesnt.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:19
yes, apparently so.

did you not read the apology though?

your reasoning does suck a bit though, don't you think?
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:18
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> Oh and apologies to Code144:, though your reasoning and argument sucks, calling
> you a gimp was a tad unneccesary.

Sorry mate.

Please dont reply to the post before this as I hadnt seen this post of yours.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:17
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> You my friend are a total gimp!

Is that what you do when people have different opinion to your, call them all sorts of names?
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:13
Oh and apologies to Code144:, though your reasoning and argument sucks, calling you a gimp was a tad unneccesary.

Sorry mate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.