GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSW reviews"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 10:58
Regular
I have to say that PSW reveiws are not good and some how biased, I'm sure most of you have read the Metal Gear Solid 2 review and they gave it 9 out of 10 and the guess what they give the PAL code of Devil May Cry, a 10 out of 10.

I think Metal Gear Solid 2 deserved a 10 out of 10 because for one it has no black borders like the PAL Devil May Cry and its a far better game, so if Metal Gear Solid 2 got a 9 out of 10 then Devil May Cry should have got far less becaue of a srap conversion.

Or did PSW get freebies from Capcom and none from Konami
Sat 22/12/01 at 12:39
The_King wrote:
> As i suspected, it was simply a case of Sony wouldn't send them a pre-release
> copy, so the game only got 9/10!

Aparently the decision between 9 0r 10/10
> was actually decided on the flip of a coin! How very scientific!

God damn
> magazine Politics - just the way of the world i guess!

A small work of fiction, no?
Fri 21/12/01 at 17:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The_King wrote:
> As i suspected, it was simply a case of Sony wouldn't send them a pre-release
> copy, so the game only got 9/10!

Aparently the decision between 9 0r 10/10
> was actually decided on the flip of a coin! How very scientific!

God damn
> magazine Politics - just the way of the world i guess!

All on a coin toss. I dont think 9/10 is a big deal is I am still getting it. Even if it got 5/10 I would still buy it.

The_King, you should try and mention all of us on this forum to the people who wrtie PSW. Maybe we could get a mention in the mag :)
Fri 21/12/01 at 17:28
Regular
"Bah"
Ok, MGS2 will probably be better but how can you say that its better than Devil May Cry?
DMC is oput and is class where as MGS2 isnt out yet so stop shooting ahead and wait till youve played both before you critise, although i must admit no-one buys the magazine for its content only for the free DVd which is class
:)
Fri 21/12/01 at 16:56
Regular
Thanks for the info....
Fri 21/12/01 at 16:53
"You love us!"
As i suspected, it was simply a case of Sony wouldn't send them a pre-release copy, so the game only got 9/10!

Aparently the decision between 9 0r 10/10 was actually decided on the flip of a coin! How very scientific!

God damn magazine Politics - just the way of the world i guess!
Fri 21/12/01 at 08:38
Could be?
Fri 21/12/01 at 08:34
Regular
ßër§ëkër wrote:
>I just enjoyed the fast paced, blast em'
> away attidude of DMC better than MGS2: SOL.

Maybe thats why DMC got a highr score coz there were both reviewed by the same guy, Steven Williams.
Fri 21/12/01 at 08:31
Code: 144 Complete wrote:
>So what score out of 10 would you give each game?

Well that's a good question. Each one has it's own qualities and styles of play. Metal Gear is more of a hide and seek method were Devil May Cry is BLOW THE HEll of of everything you see. I don't know what kind of numbers I would give each game but I think DMC has a bit of an edge because of the new styles of play it brings. Such as the jumping off of walls, very fast paced, and a good sound track.

I was especting Metal Gear to truly blow me away and well, it just didn't. Although it still has the flare of the old it quickly loses it and turns into a rambleing story that makes sense in a way but then the more you think about it the more confused you are. Although, it does has amazing graphics and the new AI is awsome.

I just enjoyed the fast paced, blast em' away attidude of DMC better than MGS2: SOL.
Fri 21/12/01 at 08:20
Regular
The_Vottanator wrote:
>I'd like to know whether you have
> played TH3 or GT3 as well.

Yeah, I've played both of these games.

Anyway, I think it's pretty obvious that PSW gave
> those games better scores than MGS2 because they think they're better.

If you
> don't wanna hear their opinions then what on earth is the point in reading the
> mag.

Why even buy a mag?

Because of the great DVD that it comes with and a few bits in the mag.
Fri 21/12/01 at 08:13
Regular
What does it matter what score a magazine gives a game. If you are unsure then rent the game before you buy it and make your own mind up.

I know it may come as a shock but not everyone will be buying MGS2 and they may even be those that do not think it is likely to be the greatest game ever.

I think sometimes people just get caught up in the hype and it is often those games that are released on the quiet that turn out to be massive. Like at SSX and GTA3, I do not remember a lot of topics on these games before they were released, yet a week does not go by without a new topic for MGS2. I am sure it will be a great game, but will it live up to the hype.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.