GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSW reviews"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 10:58
Regular
I have to say that PSW reveiws are not good and some how biased, I'm sure most of you have read the Metal Gear Solid 2 review and they gave it 9 out of 10 and the guess what they give the PAL code of Devil May Cry, a 10 out of 10.

I think Metal Gear Solid 2 deserved a 10 out of 10 because for one it has no black borders like the PAL Devil May Cry and its a far better game, so if Metal Gear Solid 2 got a 9 out of 10 then Devil May Cry should have got far less becaue of a srap conversion.

Or did PSW get freebies from Capcom and none from Konami
Thu 20/12/01 at 13:29
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> However, your argument is based purely on borders. You've stated that
> MGS2 is an amazing game, though you've not played it (biased).

I playsed the demo and it was good.

I'm sorry, yes you are entitled to hold that opinion. But do borders
> really bother you that much?

Yes but it wouldn't stop me from getting a good game though it also kinda bothers me knowing that the NTSC versions didn't have such a problem.

And the fact that the PSW reviewer was not fussed
> with the borders offends you?

I think he should have at least mentioned it in the review, like the reviewer of OPS2M did.

Have you even played DMC?

Well, not yet because I'm getting it as a christmas gift.
Thu 20/12/01 at 10:43
Regular
"Touched!"
I agree with most of you, great DVD, crap mag, PSM2 is the best mag in my opinion and the DVD gets better each month!
Thu 20/12/01 at 10:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
adrian wrote:
>I buy PSW mainly for the reviews.

I dont buy it for the reviews, I buy it for the DVD. Reviews can be found on the internet. So I read tons from all the good gaming websites.
Thu 20/12/01 at 07:00
I fully agree with them I have had the chance to own both Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Solid 2: SOL and although the graphics in MGS were better DMC turned out to be just a little bit better of a game.

Now I'm not tring to down grade MGS2 because it is a great game but DMC just had so many things going for it.

When you get the game you will see what I am trying say because it is hard to put into words without giving details on MGS2.
Thu 20/12/01 at 01:35
Ah good, some people who understand what I've been talking about. Thankyou good people, his (Code:144) argument sucks - but he is not a gimp (as far as I know).
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:37
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
....because a game definitely deserves less than a 10 if it has borders.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:34
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
ADH wrote:
> HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY...

make a statement like this without having FULLY
> played BOTH games from start to finish, and reviewed them as FAIRLY as
> possible?

I for one fully appreciate PSW's views as they're the ones who get
> to play these games properly, before the rest of us. If MGS2 is only worthy of a
> 9, then I give them credit for giving it a 9. They could have backed out and
> awarded it 10 out of 10 just because other magazines have/will, but they stuck
> with their opinion.

I fully agree. That's why I asked whether that Code 1 bla bla complete person had even played MGS2.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:29
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY...

make a statement like this without having FULLY played BOTH games from start to finish, and reviewed them as FAIRLY as possible?

I for one fully appreciate PSW's views as they're the ones who get to play these games properly, before the rest of us. If MGS2 is only worthy of a 9, then I give them credit for giving it a 9. They could have backed out and awarded it 10 out of 10 just because other magazines have/will, but they stuck with their opinion.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:23
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Have you actually played MGS2 Code 1 bla bla complete?
Wed 19/12/01 at 20:56
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Triple_H wrote:
>The only bad point about this is that sometimes people
>who prefer Driving games have to review say fighting
>games..will not be as interested towards the games. And >some are likely to be biased about the certain genres.

I always thought that magazines should give a game 2 scores. One score for the game as a whole. And then one for its place in its genre. For example Time Crisis 2 is a gun game. May get low marks due to it being short. But if they then scored it according to how the game is for that genre and take in to account other games in that genre it would probably score perfect. Then this gives the reader knowledge of whether its the best game in its genre.

I buy PSW mainly for the reviews. I think that MGS2 maybe should have got 10/10, but the complaints PSW gave were the same as MGS. And I think that MGS only got a 9/10. MGS2 looks amazing but really its just a graphical enhanced sequel with the bugs from the first game, like the long cut scenes. But in my view MGS2 should get a 10/10 because its been updated brilliantly, like GT3 and GTA3 has.

For reviews I normally read reviews on here and other well known websites. This gives me a broader view of a game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.