GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSW reviews"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 10:58
Regular
I have to say that PSW reveiws are not good and some how biased, I'm sure most of you have read the Metal Gear Solid 2 review and they gave it 9 out of 10 and the guess what they give the PAL code of Devil May Cry, a 10 out of 10.

I think Metal Gear Solid 2 deserved a 10 out of 10 because for one it has no black borders like the PAL Devil May Cry and its a far better game, so if Metal Gear Solid 2 got a 9 out of 10 then Devil May Cry should have got far less becaue of a srap conversion.

Or did PSW get freebies from Capcom and none from Konami
Wed 19/12/01 at 10:58
Regular
I have to say that PSW reveiws are not good and some how biased, I'm sure most of you have read the Metal Gear Solid 2 review and they gave it 9 out of 10 and the guess what they give the PAL code of Devil May Cry, a 10 out of 10.

I think Metal Gear Solid 2 deserved a 10 out of 10 because for one it has no black borders like the PAL Devil May Cry and its a far better game, so if Metal Gear Solid 2 got a 9 out of 10 then Devil May Cry should have got far less becaue of a srap conversion.

Or did PSW get freebies from Capcom and none from Konami
Wed 19/12/01 at 11:02
You my friend are a total gimp!

"Oh Devil May Cry should get less than a game I've never played because its got borders"

WHAT?

Oh, say nothing of gameplay, plot, etc. No DMC scores low because of borders.....

Thankgod you're not in charge of any of these reviews!

Perhaps MGS2 just isn't the "killer app" we thoought it would be. Perhaps DMC was just more to the reviewers taste.
They are allowed an opinion you know, their job is to express that opinion. Oh and it doesn't HAVE to conform to the worlds expectations.
Wed 19/12/01 at 11:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
How do you know MGS2 wont have black boarders. They reviewed the US copy so the UK copy will likely have black boarders unless they feel really kind and convert it to PAL perfectly.
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:46
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I have always felt that PSW's reviews were very good and never have come across to me as biased. Its seems to me that you judge your games on looks rather than gameplay.
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:48
Regular
I think thats a little harsh Tarrant. I have to agree with him, as I myself decided never to buy PSW again after realising how childish most of their reviews are. At one point I doubted that they had a single reviewer over the age of 8.

I`m fairly sure the comment about black border could turn out to be correct. Firstly I don`t remember seeing any on the demo. Secondly, Kojima has already said he will be making it special for the UK release - so why not eliminate borders?

As for the gameplay, you can tell both from the demo, and from reviews of the US versions just how good the gameplay is. Whilst the game isn`t huge, it is longer than DMC. Graphically, there is said to be nothing like MGS2.

On the subject of opinions, I don`t think they can afford to be that opinionated. :-) I mean, its fine to have your own views and everything, but to slate a great game like MGS2 just because you personally prefered DMC isn`t wise if everybody else disagrees. I`m guessing the reviewer didn`t consult his fellow magazine writers about the score!
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:05
Regular
Thanks for backing me up ssxpro. Ok, so PSW revies may not be biased but fromthe way PSW review games, that is they give 10 out of 10 to AAA title lik they've also given Gran Turismo 10 out of 10 so I think Metal Gear Solid 2 even though it was te US version should deserve 10 out of 10
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:10
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah i have to admit that i don't particularly like the psw magazine in general either....
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:25
Regular
Its only plus point is its DVD - which is pretty good. However, PSM2 are catching fast!
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:25
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I've allways got PSM2, though I don't know why....
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:30
Regular
The only reason I get PSW is for the DVD, I also get PSM2 and their reviews a far much better than for PSW and so is tha mag.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.