GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Discussion Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/08/11 at 18:22
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Due to lack of activity/active players, I have decided to finish the predictions and just change this into a place football can be discussed amongst those of us who follow the sport away from the general chat. I'll probably bring it back for EURO 2012 :)

Current Hot Topics:
A new season begins
Summer Transfers

Original Post:
Show Spoiler
Page:
Thu 20/07/17 at 09:11
Regular
"And in last place.."

Smedders wrote:
Which unfortunately they didn't. Even though I'm an England fan it would have been nice for Scotland to get a goal to give them a boost going into the Portugal game. I felt so sorry for the Scotland players at the end of the game, they were all clearly devastated at a 6-0 loss.

Believe it or not it was the first England hat-trick in tournament finals since Gary Lineker in the 1986 World Cup and the first in a women's tournament finals for 20 years.

England were very impressive and they certainly have a few stand out players. I can't say anyone from Scotland stood out at all and they were a bit all over the place towards the end.
Thu 20/07/17 at 08:44
Regular
"@RichSmedley"

dav2612 wrote:
England certainly looking a lot better than Scotland, who never really looked like scoring.

Which unfortunately they didn't. Even though I'm an England fan it would have been nice for Scotland to get a goal to give them a boost going into the Portugal game. I felt so sorry for the Scotland players at the end of the game, they were all clearly devastated at a 6-0 loss.

Believe it or not it was the first England hat-trick in tournament finals since Gary Lineker in the 1986 World Cup and the first in a women's tournament finals for 20 years.
Wed 19/07/17 at 20:36
Regular
"And in last place.."
England certainly looking a lot better than Scotland, who never really looked like scoring.
Wed 19/07/17 at 13:59
Regular
"@RichSmedley"

dav2612 wrote:
Think I'll watch the England v Scotland women's football tonight. I've never actually seen the Scottish ladies play.

I'll be watching the game, I enjoy watching ladies football as these days in terms of skill they give the men a good run for their money instead of the hoof it and hope they played until about a decade ago.

Plus anything England vs Scotland is guaranteed to be good.

There's a great interview with the Scotland captain on Sky Sports News at the minute discussing the match and Scotland's chances. You can really see how passionate she is and if the rest of the squad share her enthusiasm (which I'm sure they do) then Scotland are going to give England a good run for their money.
Wed 19/07/17 at 13:49
Regular
"And in last place.."
Think I'll watch the England v Scotland women's football tonight. I've never actually seen the Scottish ladies play.
Sun 16/07/17 at 10:34
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Nice to see that Derby are actually buying players instead of selling them, buying Tom Huddleston from Hull for £2M. He'll be an excellent addition to the team in their push for promotion.

Mourinho has also said that getting Ronaldo back to Man Utd is "mission impossible", due to financial issues and Ronaldo calming down a bit over his tax fraud allegations.

Also huge congratulation to the England Under 19's who became European Champions last night after beating Portugal in the final.
Sat 15/07/17 at 15:43
Regular
"@RichSmedley"

dav2612 wrote:
I am curious to see how they get on. Warburton was often criticised up here for not having a plan B. And for his signings.

That's also been said of him around here too. When his plan A is going well all is good, when it isn't he doesn't seem to know what to do and sticks with his original plan which just doesn't work to turn the game around.

As for his signings I've not really seen much comment from people on them, however what will be a real tester for him and his relationship with the fans is whether he can keep hold of Assombalonga or not.
Sat 15/07/17 at 15:09
Regular
"And in last place.."

Smedders wrote:
Thanks, hopefully he'll be "on his day" regularly for Forest as we need consistence as that's what we've lacked for ages. We either start really well and plummet down the league or we start really badly, end up near the bottom, and then put in a charge but it's too late to get in the play-offs.

I am curious to see how they get on. Warburton was often criticised up here for not having a plan B. And for his signings.
Sat 15/07/17 at 07:24
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Apparently Ibrahimovic could be offered a new contract at Man Utd to partner Lukaku up front next season.

I know he's now 36 but he's still a top player and would be a vital asset to Man Utd as they try and capture more silverware.
Sat 15/07/17 at 07:21
Regular
"@RichSmedley"

dav2612 wrote:
I was surprised at the price as he was promoted, by Warburton himself I believe when Rangers manager, as being worth a few million. He is a good player on his day but that was his issue at Rangers, it didn't always seem to be his day.

New Rangers manager clearly didn't fancy him much but in all honesty I think we should have held on to him.

Thanks, hopefully he'll be "on his day" regularly for Forest as we need consistence as that's what we've lacked for ages. We either start really well and plummet down the league or we start really badly, end up near the bottom, and then put in a charge but it's too late to get in the play-offs.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.