GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is better: Windows or Mac?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/05/11 at 00:18
"The Videogame King"
I want to buy a laptop hopefully by Christmas time (my main objective is to get an AKAI XR20 Drum Machine). I have an iPod Touch, which is from Apple, and it is awesome. The Mac is also from Apple, and I have a feeling that if I like the Apple iPod Touch I'm really gonna like their laptop. But I've used Windows all my life and I'm not sure if I want to switch to Mac (I'll still have my desktop computer though).

I've read articles that Mac and Windows both haves some pros and cons but Mac is way better. Mac is also more expensive, and I believe that there are a lot more applications for Windows than there are for Mac.

All I want to know is in the title of this thread. Any response appreciated, thank you.
Fri 09/09/11 at 01:34
"possibly impossible"
Dragonlance wrote:
Does this provide any comment:

Microsoft is the tops?

Fascinating read. Not the article (which is somewhat mis-informed in places and correct in others) but the comments section.

However, it's still just an article which has been written for the purpose of comments rather than any other purpose.
Fri 09/09/11 at 00:43
Regular
"Die Potato!!!"
tough question, but im gunna have to go with windows.
Thu 08/09/11 at 21:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Does this provide any comment:

Microsoft is the tops?
Thu 25/08/11 at 15:32
"possibly impossible"
CEOs really do make a difference at Apple. Just look at what a mess the company got in to when Mike Spindler took over. It never really fully recovered until Jobs took the role in 97.

There's a reason that a lot of people inside the industry and in general look up to Steve Jobs.
Thu 25/08/11 at 14:44
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And yet another era passes ... Steve Jobs has resigned:

" I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee."

The above was agreed and Tim Cook is the new CEO :¬)
Sat 20/08/11 at 19:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
:¬)
Sat 20/08/11 at 15:32
Regular
My Mac is a PC. It can also run Windows too!
Sat 20/08/11 at 14:24
"possibly impossible"
Bottom line; I have a Mac and a PC. I'm probably always going to have a Mac and a PC.
Thu 18/08/11 at 09:43
Regular
But you give them a donation for their hard work, right?

It's so much easier to do updates too. Oh and when I bought and downloaded OSX Lion, at no point did I have to prove I was using a legitimate copy of OSX.
Thu 18/08/11 at 09:22
"Are you sure?"
Machie wrote:
...I don't think I bought any software while I was on Windows.

I know what you mean Machie ;¬)

The open source brigade do a really fantastic job producing free Windows applications - just about everything is available!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.