GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager 4 Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Championship manager 4'.
Tue 25/03/03 at 22:00
Regular
I know there is already a champ man thread but i thought a new one should be made for the new champ man!!
Page:
Sat 29/03/03 at 17:44
Regular
Its hardly taking up much space at under half a gig.

Game seems to be running quite a bit quicker with version 4.03

Glad they also sorted out the player search attribute settings in the update. (mainly the drop down menu to go up in 5s instead of having to click through all the numbers)
Sat 29/03/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
DJ Malcior wrote:
> i think its way to slow. how much space and that does a game with just
> flashing texts and quite a big database take up?

You answered your own question with the "quite a big database".

Every match, the computer has to examine stats from all your players to decide how they'll play, then these have be combined with the opposing team to decide how the match will play out when all the stats are compared and random factors are added. You have to consider this being carried out (in less detail) for every game that is taking place, then consider that every day minor changes take place across the leagues, with players recovering from injuries, board decisions occuring, managers quitting, players transferring and loads of crap I can't be bothered to talk about.

So it takes a long time, because it's doing a hell of a lot of calculations.
Sat 29/03/03 at 15:58
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
My copy has just arrived :)

I will be playing on it later though, my Dad wants the computer in a min...bah! Dad's.
Sat 29/03/03 at 14:44
Regular
"Notable"
i think its way to slow. how much space and that does a game with just flashing texts and quite a big database take up?
Sat 29/03/03 at 03:25
Regular
oooooo, just noticed the "release media story" button!
Bascially you can praise or criticise any of your players recent performances! You can only do it straight after a match though!

I been praising the van man :)
Sat 29/03/03 at 01:10
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:

> I love the physio reports after matches. :-D

I dont, he is always giving me bad news!!!!

Got quite a few players bloody breaking thier arms!
Sat 29/03/03 at 01:06
Regular
Only just got home. Havnt played the game since 4pm. anyway, so far i've played 3 league games (with man u) and won them all. scoring 10 and conceding none! Van is still the man. Scoring 5 in those 3 games.

Dont forget the download the first patch (CM4 enhancement pack)

ftp://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/ (SPACE)championshipmanager4/patches/403_enhance.exe

or just go here www.sigames.com

Also, does anyone have any dodgy trouble with offering wages to players?! i hadnt signed anyone and was way below my wages budget and the board was only letting my offer £60 a week (yes, sixty pound!) to Roque junor! I get paid more a week!!!!!

I'm back off the play ma game!
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:27
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
Played about 10 games in the prem and aint won a game yet,

rooney needs a rest after ever game and loads of my srtikers are getting injured,

not going good so far
Fri 28/03/03 at 18:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Beat Real Madrid 3-0 in the Champions League.

Whoo!

Zambrotta is now in need of a rest though, and Del Piero is out for two weeks with a gashed head.

I love the physio reports after matches. :-D
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:04
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I can’t play until my copy arrives (obviously), hurry up SR and post it now.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.