GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager 4 Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Championship manager 4'.
Tue 25/03/03 at 22:00
Regular
I know there is already a champ man thread but i thought a new one should be made for the new champ man!!
Page:
Tue 26/08/03 at 09:41
Regular
"The Red Shift"
need a bit of help lads. ive got bored of playing as top top teams so ive started off with bolton. im trying to get adu, ive started the game and hes a free. contracts sorted out and hes coming to me, but the work permit fails. do i leave it and try and buy him in 4 seasons time or what?
Fri 22/08/03 at 23:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Right now I'm playing with Chelsea with their edited team. Don't play the real Chelsea formation though. Play a 3-5-2, with defensive mid, attacking mid, and centre mid all in a row.

GK - Carlo Cudicini / Ed De Goey

DR - William Gallas / Mario Melchiot
DC - Marcel Desailly / John Terry
DL - Wayne Bridge / Celestine Babayaro

DMC - Geremi / Emmanuel Petit
MR - Joe Cole / Jesper Gronkjaer
MC - Frank Lampard / Enrique De Lucas
ML - Damien Duff / Boudewijn Zenden
AMC - Juan Sebastian Veron / Mario Stanic

FRC - Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink / Eidur Gudjohnsen
FLC - Adrian Mutu / Carlton Cole

My chosen starting line-up at first, but with the back-up players following the forward slash. I hardly ever play my full first team, as there's always players tired, injured, or on bad form. And having three quality forwards is proving problematic. They all switch about, and they all keep scoring. 20/30 games played in all competitions these season, and Mutu has 22, Hasselbaink, 16 and Gudjohnsen, 14. And that's playing only two forwards per match.
Fri 22/08/03 at 21:19
Regular
4 3 1 2 is the best formation to play, because you dominate the centre of the midfield and the oppostition's two centre backs will struggle with your strikers plus attacking midfielder, which means you midfield will set up a lot of play for your strikers, usually your midfield don't score much but strikers take all the goals and glory!! it wirks for me anyway!!
Fri 22/08/03 at 00:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
And Luca Toni of course.....
Fri 22/08/03 at 00:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
4/3/1/2 is my usual formation

GK: Dei

DL: Sorin
DC: Chivu
DC: Vialli
DR: Pannucci

ML: Possanzini
MC: Alex
MR: Kaka

AMC: Ronaldinho

FC: Mpenza
FC: Montella

As Sampdoria, with;

Huntelaar
Kaluzhny
Vargas
Costanzo
Alberoni
Emre
Cufre
Dioudou

as back up.

Woo!
Fri 22/08/03 at 00:09
Regular
"es argh"
Out of interest, what formation and team do you use?

I use a 3-1-3-1-2 with a defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder.

Starting line up

GK Landreau

DL Athirson
DC Loovens
DR Dawson

DMC Carrick

ML Farnerud
MC Kallstrom
MR Spring

AMC (Carlton) Cole

FC Mutu
FC Defoe

My last saved game ballsed up so I've had to restart, I was 6 seasons into my old game, and most of the players there had developed into top class players.

Youth players to look out for:-
Todor Gospodinov,
Diego,
Freddy Adu (13 years old),
Alexander Farnerud,
Kim Kallstrom (Has a minimum release clause of 1 mil I think),
Darren Carter,
and Glen Loovens.
Sun 17/08/03 at 18:11
Regular
"The Red Shift"
i dont know what editor i have, but if you look at it through my computer it has the icon as a globe and a infront of that 7.
Sun 17/08/03 at 18:09
Regular
"The Red Shift"
earnshaw wrote:

> but on the site that you download it from it says all the latest
> transfers will have been updated? there was no difference when i
> started a new game? this isn't an enhancement pack you know?

oh sorry, i just use no data downloads and use the editor to do transfers. if you have to unzip it then do that. then open the file and click install. once youve done that, start a new full game (not one of those pre done ones) otherwise try downloading it again.

as for you aj, im pretty much stumped. i think i have the same editor as you, so i can see why you have a problem.

come to think of it i think i started off having the same problem as you, but second time i clicked on him it worked.
Sun 17/08/03 at 17:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yup, my editor is Nygreen.
Sun 17/08/03 at 16:21
Regular
you wont particularly notice
> any differences except for things that will occur in the future,
> little things like players demanding lesser wages and referees not
> being biassed etc.

but on the site that you download it from it says all the latest transfers will have been updated? there was no difference when i started a new game? this isn't an enhancement pack you know?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.