GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what do u think of GTA3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/12/01 at 21:21
Regular
so what do ppl think of gta3? i think it is an amazing game, and the graphics and playablilty and lastability r class. i recommend this game 2 ne1 with a ps2
Thu 13/12/01 at 17:58
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Raising money is easy, I advise beginning some Taxi missions and building up to about 50 straight drop-offs. That's when you begin getting seriously large bonus' which are always handy.

In response to the topic, I think GTA3 is one of the few games really deserving of a 'Game of the Year' award. It is truly fantastic and one of the only games that has delivered in every area on PS2 thus far.
Thu 13/12/01 at 17:55
Regular
Jive wrote:

I got upto 50 packages last night. I know of 2
> more on Shorevale but can't work out how to get to them. 1 is down the side of
> the garage where you deliver the cars and I can't break the fence down so stuck
> there.

Go to the area where you do the assualt on the death squads for the yasuka where the two ramps are. Walk up the first ramp onto the wall, walk along to the left and drop onto the roof of the building. Walk acorss the like conectors onto the building opposite. Drop down into the compound and collect the package.
Thu 13/12/01 at 17:31
Regular
"Touched!"
Last time i checked i had 82 packages, has anyone got to the 100 mark yet?
Thu 13/12/01 at 17:29
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Reload wrote:
> How did any of you raise 500,000 for the guy in Shoreside Vale?

I really need help because all my phone missions are nearly over!

I haven't done any of the missions of Shorevale yet but I've got over £1.1m in the bank due to other missions.

Go out and wreck some cars that'll get your money up, do some jumps etc!
Thu 13/12/01 at 17:23
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
How did any of you raise 500,000 for the guy in Shoreside Vale?

I really need help because all my phone missions are nearly over!
Thu 13/12/01 at 17:19
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Triple Rhys wrote:
P.S.
> How many hidden packages to people have??? I have 75... Cant seem to find any
> others... Anyone found any in very hidden places if so post them here...

I got upto 50 packages last night. I know of 2 more on Shorevale but can't work out how to get to them. 1 is down the side of the garage where you deliver the cars and I can't break the fence down so stuck there and the other was on top of a container but Shadowmans comments about putting cars or vans next to it and using as a mini ladder should sort that out.

The sneakiest packages are the ones in the grass or in the bushes as you really don't go exploring on foot to much (get shot to much) or you just drive past too fast to notice them!
Thu 13/12/01 at 16:54
Shadowman wrote:
> Jive, I do not know whether you can help or if anyone else knows the answer, but
> I was passing the building across the road from the Dog and B**ch Factory on the
> other corner from Joey's garage when I noticed a hidden package on the roof
> along with some other goodies. However I cannot find a way up to it. I have
> tried using vehicles next to one another as stairs but not are high enough, not
> the fire engine, coach or even the tank. I have also tried to jump from the roof
> of the taxi office around the corner but the jump is just too far even running.
> I do not need many more packages so i would dearly like to get this one if I
> can.

Any ideas ????

I got it ages ago...

Have a look around and above u should see a train track, its not the where the other jump is by the Diablo place, its by the Mafia place (the supermarket where the time limit car collecting 20 pink things is)... U dont have to jump to get on the train track either, u can drive onto it on the thin path... Once u have done this drive carefully along the track until u get to the part when there is a building below u that is close to the cab firm... It should have a lot of toblerone shaped roofs... Drive not too fast off the track and land on the one building, continue across this building until you can get to the cab firm place, wala...

P.S. How many hidden packages to people have??? I have 75... Cant seem to find any others... Anyone found any in very hidden places if so post them here...

I found one i the underground car park below AMCO HDQ on Staunton, theres also another underground car park in the Liberty Tree Offices near by...
Thu 13/12/01 at 13:34
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
The pill can add some comedy monents as when you are under the influence your punches are so much more powerful. Try punching a pedestrian for a laugh. On the rampages and some missions the pills give you that little edge that can sometimes mean the difference between success and failure.

Good luck with the dodo and do not expect to fly for ages straight away as it takes ages to get it right
Thu 13/12/01 at 09:34
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Fangface wrote:
If you keep pushing down on the stick when flying the dodo to stop you taking off you can get enough speed to properly
take off.

Ah, thanks Fangface, I'd been wondering how you get the plane to fly. I will try this out tonight.

As for the package mentioned have you tried collecting the
bullet time pill from the docks across the road. It give you extra strength and may be just the thing you need........

Those pills, I'd been wondering what they were for. I got the wrong impression from them, thought they slowed you down like a drug but now I understand.....god I feel an idiot!
Thu 13/12/01 at 09:23
Regular
Fangface wrote:
> If you keep pushing down on the stick when flying the dodo to stop you taking
> off you can get enough speed to properly take off. Do not pull back on the stick
> as you will stall and theoretically you can fly indefinately. The problem is
> that like real life if you try to turn you lose lift and will stall unless you
> turn VERY slowly. As for the package mentioned have you tried collecting the
> bullet time pill from the docks across the road. It give you extra strength and
> may be just the thing you need........

I will try that, thanks maybe between the two ideas one will work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.