GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Chocolates/sweets"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/10 at 14:41
"possibly impossible"
It's nearly Christmas, the time when millions of boxes and tins of sweets get sold to honour the cocoa god (or something).

So the question of the day is:
What are your favourite chocolates and sweets?
What are your least favourite?

At the moment I'm loving the box of Toblerone Tinys (white, dark and milk Chocolate ones) sitting on my desk and also those mint Mingle things. After Eights are great this time of year too, especially after a big dinner.

My least favourite are all those toffees you find in Quality Street (surely the chavs tin of choice?) and I can't stand sugared almonds.
Fri 13/04/12 at 20:05
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Now there's a thing ... spoonbeast is so right ... the staple food of nations is corned beef hash, an excellent comfort food dish, and so easy to make!
Fri 13/04/12 at 17:23
Regular
"eat toast!"
the japanese are quite big curry fans i've been told. so theres a piece of home there. Assuming you liked indian takeaways.

But i digress! Today in sainsbury's i saw easter eggs 70% today and they were the stuff like whisper, lion and carmel.

But they were still too damn expensive for chocolate. Maybe... ahem, another week for them to drop to 80-90% off?

I also must cry at the cost of spam and corned beef. For what it costs i could have actual meat. What the hell happened to rations and nuclear holocaust staple foods?
Fri 13/04/12 at 08:12
Regular
I always wanted to do a photo blog about food in japan. I even saved some domain names.

My wife keeps wanting to do an English cafe, maybe we can sell some British snacks and chocolates. I suppose we should have done it already what with the olympics coming and everyone here watching the UK.

The only thing British I've seen here is Scotch Eggs. Mmmm *drools*
Fri 13/04/12 at 08:04
"possibly impossible"
Indian chocolate is pretty disgusting, even that made by Cadburys. It's because they have to change the ingredients to cope with the heat, apparently.

I always bring some over when I go and there's always a flock of people around my desk and an empty tin/bag at the end of the day.

Cybercandy tends to deal with a lot of Japanese import candy, Machie, including Kitkats. Exeter even has an import sweet shop. It's a shame they don't seem to have something the other way around for you. Maybe it's a good business to get into for supplying chocolate-deprived ex-pats?
Fri 13/04/12 at 07:49
Regular
Woo! You don't have to though DL. You both have more than enough on your hands.

Singapore is far away from me in Japan. :( I'd love to go there again though, but my wife isn't too keen. Have you ever been? It's nice if you like skin burning sun, high humidity and lots of shopping.

Spoonbeast is right. They chocolate is not the same at all, which is why I miss it so much after being away for over a year. Calbee has a nice bag or two, but you're right. Although last year I enjoyed some delicious honey mustard Pringles. Haven't seen them since. :(

I don't know why the Japanese love all these different varieties of kitkat. Some of the ones I tried were quite nice like milk and cookies.
Thu 12/04/12 at 20:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Machie wrote:
I'm not christian anymore, but I do like my easter eggs and Christmas pudding.

Oh come on ... what has religion got to do with 'chocolate'? When I can, me and Mrs DL will sort out your shopping list ... but I need a shipping address. I've got a cousin in Singapore, if that helps :¬)
Thu 12/04/12 at 19:21
Regular
DL wrote:
Think I'll stick with Twirls

Maybe able to help Machie, just wait until present 'distraction' comes to fruition ;¬)

Yay I'm saved! I didn't get any easter eggs again this year. :( I'm not christian anymore, but I do like my easter eggs and Christmas pudding.

I'd love a Twirl. A man's Flake. :)
Thu 12/04/12 at 19:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Alfonse wrote:
If it aint 70% cocoa, it's a no no

Ah yes, with this I have to agree ... European chocolate is far superior ... but I like Twirls because
Thu 12/04/12 at 18:06
Regular
If it aint 70% cocoa, it's a no no
Thu 12/04/12 at 18:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Think I'll stick with Twirls

Maybe able to help Machie, just wait until present 'distraction' comes to fruition ;¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.