GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid worries"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Sun 30/03/03 at 18:57
Regular
Okay, I just got Metroid Prime today, and I've only been playing it about 2 minutes and I'm worried already. Do you really have to push down the L button to strafe? That's crap! So you can't turn and strafe at the same time? Rubbish! I can't see anywhere in the options to change the controls. You can't even use the camera stick to move your view around, can you?

Someone tell me this isn't so, I need a control system I can use or I'll never play it.
Mon 31/03/03 at 12:10
Regular
I can see how the visor view thingy could be a bit like Mech Warrior but other than that, I can't remember the last time I saw those Mech thingy's do platform jumping like Mario, or roll into a ball and do a halfpipe like a baggy clothed Tony Hawk wannabe.
Mon 31/03/03 at 12:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mechwarrior + Zone of Enders = Metroid.
Mon 31/03/03 at 12:05
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Sibs wrote:
> There's even more evolved forms of Metroids (I won't spoil what's
> different about them but they are damn tough!)
>
> Yes, and how is Metroid like Mech Warrior...? Aside from the fact that
> Samus is in a heavily aroured suit thing (which has little similarity
> to Mech Warrior anyhoo, as the Mechs in that are comparitively
> huge...)

Mechs happen to be over 20Metres tall! Walking Battle Tanks! Samus is a gal in a suit about 2 Metres tall- bit of a difference I'd say!
Mon 31/03/03 at 12:02
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Well if Monkey Man/Mr Snuggly hates Metroid so much he could post it to someone whom wants it but can't afford it! (ME ME ME ME!)
Mon 31/03/03 at 12:02
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
There's even more evolved forms of Metroids (I won't spoil what's different about them but they are damn tough!)

Yes, and how is Metroid like Mech Warrior...? Aside from the fact that Samus is in a heavily aroured suit thing (which has little similarity to Mech Warrior anyhoo, as the Mechs in that are comparitively huge...)
Mon 31/03/03 at 11:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Are you sure you played the right game?
---

Yup.
It also reminded me of Zone of Enders.

Big robo-suits and shooty shooty
Mon 31/03/03 at 11:50
Regular
Yup, the b'sterds are everywhere.

Little gits suck your face Alien style.
Mon 31/03/03 at 11:46
"For the horde!!!!"
I like the idea of having different types of vision because it makes Samus a more efficient alien hunter.

Do the metroids apear in this version at all?
Mon 31/03/03 at 11:45
Regular
Goatboy wrote:

> *claps
> I played it at the weekend also.
> It's Mechwarrior with knobs on.

Are you sure you played the right game?

Metroid Prime has about as much in common with Mech Warrior as Avril Lavigne has in common with Punk Rock.
Mon 31/03/03 at 11:43
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Goatboy wrote:
> In which aspects and why?

It's all in the game design. Halo is a great game and I enjoyed it greatly, but it got to a point where it just got a bit boring doing the same blasting at the same enemies with the same guns over and over. Metroid on the other hand has an amazingly non-linear design and not only tests your gaming reflexes but also makes you think a bit as well.

They are quite a bit different really, but I think Metroid Prime is the better game of the two in that it's just much better designed, but that's just my opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.