GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I bought Metroid Prime the other day..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Wed 02/04/03 at 23:45
Regular
Hmm...

As a first-time Nintendo owner, maybe someone can explain the history of this title to me; why is it seen as such a major title, and why are people dashing out to buy Gamecube's to play it?

Don't get me wrong! It *is* a very good game, and I am enjoying playing it, but while it's fun, for me there's certainly nothing particularly outstanding about it.

By that I mean it is definitely a game worth owning, but - and remember, this is just my opinion - it's not a game worth specifically buying a 'cube to play.

For me, there are already better games on Gamecube that people *didn't* rush out and buy the machine to play.
Sun 27/04/03 at 23:30
Regular
Lou Role wrote:

> Well actually I'm just gonna keep the GC version, after I get another
> memo card it'll still be cheaper than the X-Box version.

Get an official memory 251, you'll be able to fit Madden on it easily.

The 59's are far too small.

Oh and get it from Play247 or Special Reserve (of course) though on Play.com it's a lot cheaper. Up to you though :D
Sun 27/04/03 at 18:34
Regular
When i first got this game i was a tad depressed, it didnt seem to be as fun as i expected, ive never been a hardcore fan of games where you have to find items inorder to progress (i mean more rockets and life, as theres not much info on where to get them), nor have i ever been a fan of metroid games.

BUT after a while i soon became indulged in the game and i loved every second of it.

But im sad that the second time of playing the game (on normal still) i finshed it with 100% item and scan in 10:41, which isnt as long as id of thought.

also, whats going on with the end movie? i had 100% yet it still seemed short and dull, but that could just be me.
Sun 27/04/03 at 18:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm trying not to tell you where to go........

Look on the map........
Sun 27/04/03 at 18:23
Regular
"^_^"
ok, that means nothing to me . . . :(
Sun 27/04/03 at 18:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
O me see now. Spider Ball. You need to go the the Foundry in Chozo....
Sun 27/04/03 at 18:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A little more specific detail methinks.......

I love this game.
Sun 27/04/03 at 17:46
Regular
"^_^"
I am stuck. I just got that power up where you can hang off the magnetic railings. But now I don't know what to do. Any help wouuld be apreciated :P
Sun 27/04/03 at 17:43
Regular
Bah. Looked like those symbols you had to scan to open gates in the chozo ruins...

¦^)
Sun 27/04/03 at 17:35
Regular
Aye, you do.

Then a pillar and stuff comes out of it.
No scanning involved.
Sun 27/04/03 at 17:34
Regular
Dr Duck wrote:
> The one in the life grove is a little lamer though.
> I assume I need to scan one of those symbols, matching the one below
> the water. But where is it? I've looked everywhere, but can't find the
> fricking thing. Any ideas?

Hmm, I thought there was a grate you blew up. Ie, the thing in the water.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.