GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Smash Bros Melee"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Smash Bros Melee'.
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:49
Regular
Yes, I know this game is quite old, And most of you people on this forum will of played this ages ago and moved onto your Metroid Prime's and what not, But I purchased this game yesturday, priced at £18.99 :D

And its pretty good, Quite frantic and fast paced, But good fun all around I guess. I'd just like to ask a few questions, as i'm interested.

Whos your favorite character to use?

Mines gotta be Kirby or Pikachu at the moment. Mainly Kirby because you can swallow enemys and use there powers! Kirbys a chubby little mucker aswell, But hes cool.

Whats your highest score on Home run?

Mines 32m. How crap.

Whats your overall opinion of the game?

Cheers.
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:23
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
At least your not a up + B abuser!

drives me nuts when people do that!
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:22
Regular
Link's low smash rules, it sends them flying over his shoulder, perfect for when you're trapped on the edge.
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:20
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
try the fox trick mentioned below.

It is not crap!!

by the way (for Starfex): Young Link's smash is good only when you make it a double smash. Do a normal smash but instead of leaving it at that press A with forward straight after without letting go. So it is literally.

"Smash + A (hold the forward motion) + Another A
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:19
Regular
You're crap.

Actually you're worse than crap, so sod off.
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Kung Fu Chaos King!"
The game is crap.

Home run is quite good though.

My top score is 250m :D
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:14
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Sorry for double posting…

Magical problem solving tip A: Use the wall jump. Like on Mario 64. Jump against the wall then press jump again in the opposite direction. Repeat. That should get you up the thing.

Magical problem solving tip B: For Jiggly the last line of target you will need to be brave. With her insane jumping and floating abilities. Wait at the platform till you ready then..

Press jump then jiggly punch. ( forward + B) then repeat. Always try and catch the target with your punch caus that is the only way you are going to do it.

disappears in a cloud of smoke
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:10
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Strafex wrote:

> Definately has the best roll (I think the roll was designed with Samus
> in mind!).
>
>
> All the moves are useful except for Down + B (I've not found a use for
> that bomb move yet).
>
================

I dont really agree with you opinion on her roll. Yes it maybe a stylish and all but it is painfully slow to execute and her recovery from it is longer than most characters. GOing by only the roll I would say it would be Fox. Nice and short quick on the draw and it places then at a perfect distance.

hmm.. her bomb the one most useful thing she can have while recovering.

Find yourself too far away from the edge? Well repeated down + B will have you sorted. If gives you mainly stopping time in mid-air and it moves you forward. What more can you want? Besides from that it is basically useless unless you want to stop combo crazy people with a quick bomb or two.

“Hmmm, Just got 247m with Fox.

Still crap, but better then my last attempt!”

Tip: Try just pressing B as fast as you can at the sandbag after grabbing the bag and do that for a good while until time is almost up. Then hit the bag. Viola instant record beating distance.
Mon 07/04/03 at 18:51
Regular
Fire*
Mon 07/04/03 at 18:48
Regular
Press Z to fight the Hookshot
Mon 07/04/03 at 17:58
"The Will of D."
How do you do that hookshot thing with young Link? I still can't do it yet, so that means I can't do the target test with Y. Link.

Oh talking of the target test, how do you do the last line of targets on the bottom row using Jiggly puff?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.